Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin

Need serum for after retinol

Looking for a serum to use after retinol and before my moisturizer. 
using retinol and moisturizer plus facial oil I’m too dry in the morning.  Flaky on chin, lower cheeks and base of nose. 

Products: algenist retinol, fresh night cream, biossance facial oil. (Going to use Paula’s choice retinol when algenist runs out)
thanks!

Re: Need serum for after retinol

Honestly, I would just try swapping out your current moisturizer for one that’s a lot more richer. I’d recommend something like Biossance Squalane + Omega Repair Deep Hydration Moisturizer

I use a prescription retinol (Altreno Tretinoin) and I can credit this moisturizer as my saving product from dryness. 
I saw that they have this in the point rewards bazar, it’s totally worth the try and I highly recommend from personal use. 

I was gonna say the same. I like Skinfix Barrier+ Triple Lipid-Peptide Face Cream 3.04 oz/ 90 mL as a rich moisturizer to help minimize issues from actives. I’m curious what you are wanting an additional serum to do for skin? Not sure what your routine is for the retinol, but I always recommend using just 2-3 times a week and minimizing other actives for the first few weeks. If your skin still isn’t responding well, you can try applying a moisturizer (a thinner one), then your retinol, and then the thicker moisturizer. This should be done at night and make sure you are doing a cleanse and using a good moisturizer in the morning too (and applying sunscreen of course, even in the winter!)

@jbjb93 after my retinol I use The Ordinary Multi-Peptide + Copper Peptides 1% Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL then Vichy Mineral 89 serum for HA, then The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL then moisturizer.   I use Aquaphor around my nose.  Good luck!  Let us know how it goes.

I really like Paula's Choice Omega+ Complex Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL . It’s really hydrating and gentle. It’s my go-to serum.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing