cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Moisturizer

Hi guys!

so my skin is super dry and dull, I'm looking for a good moisturizer that will replenish my dry, dull skin and improve texture. i also have problems with hyper pigmentation, large and clogged pores.

Tags:

Re: Moisturizer

Exfoliant, spray toner, serum and moisturizer are keys to getting your skin in good condition.  There are a number of products out there so finding the right combination that works for you without irritation is key.  It will take several months but your skin will look better if you pay attention and follow the above procedures.  Also make sure you take off all your makeup at night and moisturize before going to bed.

RE: Moisturizer

I suggest looking into getting a hydrating serum as well. Moisturizers don't focus on adding moisture, but focus on maintaining/locking in the moisture already there. A serum is going to penetrate deeper into the skin and add moisture/hydration.

DO you think this would also be great for eczema type skin?

RE: Re: Moisturizer

I have eczema and I use Type 1 Clinique three step along with their Smart Custom Repair Serum. I go back and forth with my eye cream though, in the summer I use Tarte Maracuja eye cream, and in the winter I use Clinique All About The Eyes Rich. I've tried a bunch of stuff, I hate Boscia (my skin felt like it was burning) every Beauty Advisor I run into tries to sell me on it. Nothing seems to work as good as Clinique three step for me, they must be doing something right.

RE: Moisturizer

Best moisturizer i've used by far is the Clinique moisture surge! i have very sensitive skin and this has never cause me any irritation, the light gel-like formula also absorbs very nicely into the skin!

Maybe you need a new moisturizer, or maybe you need an exfoliant and or serum. If you are having texture, pore and dullness issues, you need to "treat" that before you moisturize it. Kate Sommerville has a retinol +Glycolic acid serum that works to improve texture, and clean up the complexion (texture, hyperpigmentation). Or Dr. Dennis Gross makes the AHA/BHA pads that also work to improve texture and hyperpigmentation. It sounds like you need something like that. Either of those will help with dullness as well. After you've addressed that, you can address moisture. Chances are your current one is just fine. 

good products for your skin issues: vitamin C serum (Drunk elephant)

Glycolic peel pads - Dr Dennis Gross  alpha Beta Universal Daily peel pads

Belf moisturing Bomb

If you wear makeup, follow a double cleanse routine

First thing is check all your products for bad ingredient...

First thing is check all your products for bad ingredients and fragrance. fragrance on dry skin is the devil. incorporate some face oils, clinique smart oil is great as well as paulas choice oil boosters. Do you use any kind of chemical exfoliant? Aha is great for getting rid of thise flakey top layers. Then find a good moisturizer, drunk elephant lala retro is great, along cerave and cetaphil creams at the drug store.

RE: First thing is check all your products for bad ingredient...

I’m getting ready to start using differin, hopefully that helps
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing