Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Moisturizer and Primer

When it comes to dry skin, what do y’all use to prep your skin before makeup? I’ve heard people say they use moisturizer rather than primer, and vice versa. I’ve also heard people say they use both. I’ve tried all of the above, but haven’t found a either a combo or a specific product that keeps my skin moisturized while wearing makeup, or doesn’t make it look oily but is still dry underneath.

Re: Moisturizer and Primer

I use the Skinfix Barrier+ Triple Lipid-Peptide Face Cream 3.04 oz/ 90 mL and it really hydrates my skin and gets it ready for makeup. If I’m feeling dry still I will use a serum as well. I’m still looking for a great serum though and am trying the rhode on right now. 

@emmistayah I highly recommend checking out Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35 PA+++ 2 oz/ 59 mL its an amazing primer, can be used under makeup and also has SPF so it's great for battling UV rays. Leaves the skin super soft too. 🙂

Use a sunscreen or a moisturizer with a sunscreen with broad spectrum of at least 30 to stop photosensitive aging. Look up the study on the truck driver who had one side of his face turn 81 because the window was in that side it’ll make you want to wear that sunscreen 

@emmistayah I know that a lot of people actually use the Bobbi Brown Jumbo Vitamin Enriched Face Base Primer Moisturizer 3.38 oz/ 100 mL as a "two-fer" moisturizer and primer in one.  I like to use it that way except for in the areas where I need a little pore-filling action and then I layer a primer for that purpose over the Face Base.

I have a combo I love to keep my skin feeling hydrated and plump! Give it a try ❤️

I use a lightweight moisturizer first:

Farmacy Daily Greens Oil-Free Gel Moisturizer with Moringa and Papaya 1.7 oz/ 50 mL this one is bomb because it has 5 different molecules of hyaluronic acid to hydrate the skin at different levels. 

Slap on some Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops Serum 1.35 oz/ 40 mL before my SPF. this one has a tacky feeling that makes the skin so glowy and it keeps it hydrated! 

and finish off with Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter 2.5 - Fair as a primer. it's gives you a glowy complexion look, and you can use it by itself if you love a light coverage 🙂

I hope this works for you !

I noticed that once I started to use a moisturizer like  Skinfix Barrier+ Triple Lipid-Peptide Face Cream 3.04 oz/ 90 mL   my foundation would apply easier!

@emmistayah @What do you currently use?

I use ponds moisturizer, and I do love the rare beauty illuminating primer but neither are enough on their own

@emmistayah @You might want to switch both your moisturizer and primer. 

I use  Caudalie Vinosource-Hydra SOS Intense Hydration Moisturizer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL and Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Face Primer Blur Primer Gold and have dry combo skin 

Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 33 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing