cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

Hand creams

What are the best creams/ moisturizers for severely dry, cracked hands?

Re: Hand creams

Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve all the way! I've been using/repurchasing this since 2011.

Hi @MoriahAM,

I only decided to try this product because it was in a set! However, I love the OLEHENRIKSEN - Force of Nurture™ Intensive Hand Crème. It deeply moisturizes my skin and does for hours. Really saved my dry hands! 

-Helen

@MoriahAM I like the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration 6 oz/ 170 g, I literally use it on everything. I have a family member who works with children and has to wash her hands very frequently, and she likes the CONSONANT - organic hand cream. Idk why it won’t let me tag. Keeps hands moisturized and prevents them from cracking, plus it’s unscented (she cant really have scents because of where she works)

Ive tried so many but find the absolute best is the original bum bum cream, but NOT the cream they market as a hand cream, it doesnt work nearly as well as the body cream oddly.

Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Visibly Firming Refillable Body Cream 8.1 oz/ 240 mL

RE: Hand creams

This answer isn’t fancy, but as a nurse who has to deal with frequently washing my hands until they crack and bleed I have a lot of experience with this. Here it is——vasoline. Yup, that’s the big secret. Coats your hands with vasoline at night and cover with those cheap dollar store gloves and your hands will be baby soft in the morning. Trust a nurse in this one. Take care.

@Anonymous Aquaphor. The spray version, of the tub, makes it easy.

The known L'Occitane, shea butter tube, isn't enough for my hands. Will note the plain vs scented is richer. I'm in an arid/hot climate, so my hands don't get much moisture like someone with humidity.

@Anonymous I swear by Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream!  

I’m another that relies on L’occitane for hand creams. Their small 30ml tube size is perfect to keep in your bag. As someone else mentioned, the Shea butter works best, better than all the other fragrances but those are nice too.

Best one I found for my cracked winter hands was Ole Henriksen Force of Nuture intensive hand creme. I tried a bunch, including the l'occitane ones, but they never seemed to last, or were super greasy, and a lot of the scented ones were too strong. My only complaint about the Henriksen one is it has an odd smell. Not bad, not strong, just strange, but since smell is such an individual preference it might not matter for you.

Like a few others have mentioned, I adore the L'OCCITANE - Hand Creams with Shea Butter. In addition, I always try to keep a tube of Mary Kay's Extra Emollient Night Cream on hand because that stuff works magic on my winter hands. 

@AnonymousI also like the L'Occitane creams. I add a drop of sea buckthorne oil for an extra  moisturizing boost. You only need one drop though because the oil is pigmented and can stain!

RE: Hand creams

@Anonymous If you happen to be at Target, I would pick up Burt’s Bees Honey and Milk cream, which comes in a glass jar. It is thick, moisturizing, and smells delicious. I have bought three jars and will continue to do so. You can’t beat the price either.

yu-be cream is my go to for serious damage.

@MoriahAM You can try 100% shea butter as suggested below, or my favorite for years,  L'OCCITANE - Hand Creams, the shea scent. I feel like the scented options are less effective.

@MoriahAM I really like Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream 2.5 oz/ 75 mLtthe smell is amazing and it works good!! And I really like L'Occitane 100 percent Pure Shea Butter 5.2 oz/ 150 mLit makes my dry cracked hands feel so soft!!

@Anonymous  A very reasonable priced and effective one is O'Keefe's Working Hands. So good and not greasy. You will see results immediately!!😊👐

@MoriahAM I love Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream 2.5 oz/ 75 mL, Aveda hand cream and Bath and Body Works hand cream27FC1A9D-1C2C-476B-9A45-6F14DFB6810A.png

8DBA8C2F-2DF0-4A53-9A07-713A6183FAFA.jpeg

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • 8DBA8C2F-2DF0-4A53-9A07-713A6183FAFA.jpeg
  • 27FC1A9D-1C2C-476B-9A45-6F14DFB6810A.png
testing