Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

HG foundation for very dry, sensitive skin? Help please!

I've been looking for a new foundation and I have no idea what to even try 😩 I've done the foundation finder, and I plan on sampling some, but I'd really like to hear from you guys that have actually used them.

For those of you with very dry, sensitive skin, what's your HG foundation? Prefer liquid, but wouldn't mind trying a cream or stick if it's goodfor dry skin, just absolutely no powders (they always make me flake).

My skin is dry and sensitive (working on that - but I've always been naturally drier and pregnancy made my skin a total mess), plus I have rosacea. I'm looking for a medium or full coverage foundation ideally. At this point, I don't even care how much it costs. Open to BB/CC aswell! Finish doesn't really matter to me, either.

Recently, I've used UD Naked Skin, Shiseido Radiant Lifting, and Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Hydrating. My favorite out of those was probably the Shiseido, but looking for something else and Sephora doesn't sell it anymore anyway. UD used to be great, but it looks awful on me nowadays - my skin just isn't having it. Smashbox didn't seem to do well for me, either.

RE: HG foundation for very dry, sensitive skin? Help please!

My skin became drier after I turned 50, and it has become sensitive too. I use Shiseido Synchro Skin tinted gel cream foundation, but if you can’t find it, the Bare Minerals tinted cream recommended by a previous poster is ok too. Bare Minerals is owned by Shiseido and the BM product is a good dupe. I also use Clarins Skin Illusion foundation. It’s a thin fluid in a dropper bottle unfortunately, but good coverage and lots of shades. There is a mild fragrance. As an aside I just started using Embryoderme, a cream in a tube made by Embryolisse, for dry aging sensitive skin and it’s amazing. I bought mine in Greece because I’m on holiday here but I think you can get it in the US.

Re: HG foundation for very dry, sensitive skin? Help please!

Hey 🙂

So just like you, I have very dry skin all year long.

In winter it's so bad that sometimes my foundation cakes a little even though I thoroughly hydrated and applied primer on my face! So the best foundation that really keeps my face hydrated is the TARTE - Water Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 - Rainforest of the Sea™ Collection. I apply the Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer 1.35 oz/ 40 mLbeforehand and I'm all set! If I want lighter makeup, I use the bareMinerals COMPLEXION RESCUE® Tinted Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid and Mineral SPF 30 Cashew 3.5instead. Not only does it keep my face well hydrated, but it also gives a dewy and glowy finish to it! I really like it and it's so light-weight. Hope this help or don't hesitate to message me!

Re: HG foundation for very dry, sensitive skin? Help please!

I absolutely LOVE the laneige bb cushion hydra radiance foundation (unfortunately it looks like sephora is not restocking shades) I like a lighter coverage in the summer but have found that using the IT cosmetics cc cream with a little facial oil sheers it out perfectly and keeps it from looking too dry !

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing