cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

Dry skin

I’ve been struggling with trying to find the perfect foundation that doesn’t look cakey on my skin. I’ve been using tarts rainforest of the sea foundation and it gets patchy on my nose and forehead mostly, and just doesn’t look nice on my skin. I’m also always looking for primers that are dry skin friendly. I’m trying to get more into the “clean” makeup. Nothing with too many hash chemicals in it. Also if anyone could recommend an eye cream and setting powder that would be helpful.

im willing to splurge a little more on foundation, but everything else I’m trying to keep at no more than 30-35. 

and if you have any tips or tricks or anything for applying makeup to dry skin or things to incorporate into my skin care routine I’m all ears! 

Re: Dry skin

@Danie1018 

Trying to address your dry skin through make up and primers probably isn’t the way to go. 
I’d address it through skincare first. What are you using for cleanser, serums, moisturizers? 
My favourite cleansers for dry skin are KORRES Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser 5.07 oz/ 150 mL PHILOSOPHY - Purity Made Simple Cleanser and OLEHENRIKSEN Truth Juice™ Daily Cleanser 5.0 oz/ 148 mL. Serums are fresh Rose & Squalane Deep Hydration Oil-Infused Serum 100 mL Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL CAUDALIE - Vinosource SOS Deep Hydration Serum and moisturizers Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 

FRESH - Rose & Hyaluronic Acid Deep Hydration Moisturizer . 

My favourite eye duo is KORA Organics Noni Glow Radiant Eye Oil .34 oz / 10 mL and DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum it prevents dryness under my eyes. 

@Danie1018 

For foundation you can try switching to FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA - Pro Filt'r Hydrating Longwear Foundation with Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Hydrating Primer 1.0 oz/ 30 mL

You should maybe try the  KVD VEGAN BEAUTY - True Portrait Medium Coverage Shake Foundation it is currently on sale for $32. I have very dry skin and I really love this foundation even though it is a matte foundation, it is really beautiful on the skin. 

Something that I always do is skin prep make sure your face is properly moisturized or used a hydrating primer. Also mixing one drop of beauty oil into a foundation does wonders for dry skin.  

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing