Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Dry and Damaged Lips

Looking for some recommendations or advice!!! I chew on my lips and the skin under my bottom lip when I’m stressed. On top of that I have extremely dry skin. The combination of the two have made my lips and under my lips extremely dry, rough, and raw. For the life of me I cannot seem to repair this skin. I have tried moisturizers, ceramide serums, lip balms, Vaseline. Everything!!!! Anyone have any recommendations for products that repair extremely damaged skin??? 

Tags:

Re: Dry and Damaged Lips

@marissakayleen This happens to me at times.  The only way I have repaired it is to exfoliate my lips, wear a lip mask like LANEIGE Limited Edition Lip Sleeping Mask stop trying to peel the dead skin or chew my lips and wear a good lip balm in the day (MAC lip conditioner).  Then my dry lips are back to normal in a couple of days.  Plus drinking lots of water to stay hydrated helps.

Re: Dry and Damaged Lips

clarins hydra-essential lip balm in the blue tube and aquaphor have helped a lot! stop using straws, drinking alcohol/caffeine, and mouthwash temporarily; and drink a lot of water. never apply vaseline/aquaphor/oils on their own without a lip balm underneath. occlusives are not typically hydrating, they just prevent TEWL (trans-epidermal water loss), which means they stop water from leaving the skin. it takes some time- it took mine a full week to stop feeling grainy and uncomfortable and even longer to actually heal. good luck 👄❤️

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing