cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Dry, Dehydrated Skin Help For Sister

Hi,

My sister has dry, dehydrated skin and doesn't know much about beauty or anything skincare/makeup related. She asked me for help because she knows I'm obsessed BUT I only know how to treat my oily/acne prone skin. I was wondering if anyone could give me some recommendations on products that worked well for them.

I have dry skin during the winter months, like to the poi...

I have dry skin during the winter months, like to the point of peeling (ugh!). What helps me have dewy looking skin is exfoliating two times a week. I use The Microdelivery Peel by Philosophy...literally my HG product. I wash my face w/a gentle cleanser with the Clarisonic. And I follow w/ Belif Witch Hazel Toner, a serum w/hyaluronic (spelling?) acid, and a heavy moisturizer. La Mer Creme de la Mer Moisturizing Creme works wonders. But because that is so expensive lol, I alternate with other heavy creams like Regenerie by Lancome and Capture Totale by Dior. I do want to try Belif True Cream Aqua Bomb (heard great things about itl! Anyways basically...cleanse, exfoliate, and layer up on heavy creams and serums at night, and moisturize (lightly) in the morning. I wake up to skin as soft as a baby's butt!!!

Re: Dry, Dehydrated Skin Help For Sister

Creme de la Mer is incredibly rich and hydrating, quite possibly the best there is for parched skin. Sadly though it is crazy expensive. I found it to be too rich for my skin but feel it would be very soothing for someone who needs a lot of moisture.

Anonymous Insider

RE: Dry, Dehydrated Skin Help For Sister

I am dry. So dry I can get 1” dry patches on my cheeks and chin. I love the Ole Henriksen line. I’m 40 so i use mostly the truth line to help brighten my skin also, but they also have a line for sensitive/dry skin. That with the belif essence and then use night masks. And tell her to use a humidifier in her room at night. It’ll really help.

RE: Dry, Dehydrated Skin Help For Sister

I think that a gentle cleanser (Fresh soy cleanser) and a good moisturizer would be a good start. I really like Clinique moisture surge intense moisturizer. Exfoliating a few times a week is helpful if she has flakiness. I love the exfolikate line, but there are a lot of options.

Re: Dry, Dehydrated Skin Help For Sister

My skin is generally dry but heading into the colder months I have been extra dry. I have found that especially in the morning before my makeup adding in a hydrating mist before my moisturizer has been really helpful! My two morning staples are the Pixie hydrating milky mist and then the embryolisse lait-crème concentré moisturizer (I generally put a drop of hydrating oil or a pump of the ole henrickson truth serum into that). Its just been a really winning combination for me and wears well under makeup. Sephora definitely has hydrating mist alternatives to the Pixie one as well, but it really just gives me that extra boost of moisture to get me through the day! 

https://www.sephora.com/product/daily-dew-hydrating-essence-mist-P423679?skuId=2014306&icid2=product...

https://www.sephora.com/product/skin-dew-hydrating-essence-mist-setting-spray-P406772?skuId=1811827&...

At night, mixing in a sleeping mask into her normal nighttime routine could help as well! I generally just substitute a sleeping mask instead of my normal nighttime moisturizer about twice a week for an extra dose of hydration. I have been using the glow recipe watermelon mask but there are tons of options! 

https://www.sephora.com/product/watermelon-glow-sleeping-mask-P420160?skuId=1955764&icid2=products%2...

https://www.sephora.com/product/water-sleeping-mask-P420651?skuId=1966241&icid2=products%20grid:p420...

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing