Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin

Discolouration/Pigmentation from Eczema

I have dark olive toned skin.  My legs are dark almost blackish pigmentation from adolescent eczema/scratching/scarring.  Luckily because I'm a darker tone and its only on my bottom legs, I didn't care too much for it.  Now that my daughter suffers from eczema and I can see she's getting similar scarring, I really want to find something to tackle the pigmentation it has resulted in.  Ideally something that's gentle enough I can use on her skin later too.

Not looking for a quick fix, cover-up or anything aggressive.  Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Re: Discolouration/Pigmentation from Eczema

Hi @chicaromes!

I recently started getting some eczema on my stomach and back, due to the terrible hard water I get where I live.  I was so devastated since I love showing off my body.  Weird thing is that it doesn't itch.

I got some steroid cream prescribed by my dermatologist and I used it for a week.  The marks were a lot lighter, but they started coming back during shelter in place.

Since I don't want to go to the doctor right now, I've been using the Gold Bond cream from Target.  It's supposed to keep the redness and itching away.  The spot on my back is mostly gone but the one on my stomach is super stubborn and it fades and comes back.  I use the cream twice a day all over my body, but paying special attention to the eczema spots.

@chicaromes wrote:

I have dark olive toned skin.  My legs are dark almost blackish pigmentation from adolescent eczema/scratching/scarring.  Luckily because I'm a darker tone and its only on my bottom legs, I didn't care too much for it.  Now that my daughter suffers from eczema and I can see she's getting similar scarring, I really want to find something to tackle the pigmentation it has resulted in.  Ideally something that's gentle enough I can use on her skin later too.

Not looking for a quick fix, cover-up or anything aggressive.  Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing