Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Best moisturizer for dry aging skin?

I have used Clinique’s dramatically different moisturizer for years. It just isn’t doing the job anymore. My skin gets very dry now. However, it is still sensitive and prone to breakouts. Any suggestions??

Re: Best moisturizer for dry aging skin?

@lrcsmurf I love FRESH - Rose Deep Hydration Moisturizer

I really love the Herbivore oils (Phoenix in particular), DE’s Lala Retro, and Kiehl’s Avocado Nourishing mask. I have skin that stays tight and dry even in hot humid summers. Those products keep that dryness at bay.

forgive me, truly, for shamelessly self promoting, but i created a product with VOLITION BEAUTY precisely BECAUSE i have this same problem!  After a while, nothing helps moisturize my skin (i live in the desert southwest). I researched solutions until i found that a main reason is our amino acid profile changes with dryer skin - - it stops being able to hold moisture we try to add.  If interested, please help me get votes so this product can be sold here at Sephora, because it fixes the root of our issue!  It's meant do address dryness from cold, dry climate AND hot, dry climate, as well as dust and allergens. On the official Volition Beauty site, you can vote and receive a coupon for it!  It's called Palo Azul Pressed Serum. ✌️

@lrcsmurf  Are you also using the same cleanser you’ve used for years? That could be contributing to your dry skin issues. I was a longtime diehard user of Origins Checks & Balances cleanser until my 40s, when my combo skin decided “nope, can’t handle this stuff anymore, it’s way too drying.” I started getting painfully dry scaly patches immediately after washing my face. So I had to find a new cleanser. You might need to do the same; it could ease some of your dryness. I now use 2 Paula’s Choice cleansers (I alternate between them) that don’t make my face feel tight or strip my dry zones, yet are effective on my oily zone. I no longer get scaly flaky patches unless a new-to-me skincare product causes a bad reaction. 

My AM and PM moisturizer is Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m... When temps drop below 0ºF, I switch to Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL in the morning and still use YTTP at night. Lala is a better barrier against frigid windy weather. But this winter, I’ll try layering Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Oil with Squalane and Antioxidants 1 oz / 30 ml with the YTTP Superfood Moisturizer and see if that gets me Lala results. I can’t use Lala beyond winter because it’s too rich for my skin, especially in warm weather. You might like Lala year round. 

Whichever moisturizer you choose, make sure you skin’s damp when you apply it. Tap or mist some water on your face if it’s dry by the time you reach your moisturizer step, then immediately apply moisturizer to seal in hydration.

FAB ultra repair moisturizer is my dry skin go to when I’m feeling sensitive skin in the winter or I overdid the exfoliatin First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration 6 oz/ 170 g

Tried this and it feels good going on but doesn't help long term. Like the hydrating effects don't last. 😕

Best moisturizer for dry aging skin?

It Cosmetics Secret Sauce (that's literally what it's called). Life changer.

RE: Best moisturizer for dry aging skin?

I have been using Caudalie’s SOS cream and it has done wonders for me and it won’t break the bank either!

RE: Best moisturizer for dry aging skin?

I love Drunk Elephant LALa moisturizer and a fantastic deep moisturizer is FAB ultra cream and it is crazy reasonably priced too!!

Re: RE: Best moisturizer for dry aging skin?

Seconded! I love both of the DE moisturizer, and the hydrating serum. 

Also, ever other night, I put on GLOW RECIPE - Avocado Melt Sleeping Mask. 

It feels extra nourishing and soothing, and my skin is SO SOFT in them morning when I rinse it off.

Hi @lrcsmurf!

I recommend trying out the KIEHL'S SINCE 1851Ultra Facial Cream! It suitable for both dry and sensitive skin types and provides 24 hour hydration!

https://www.sephora.com/product/ultra-facial-cream-P421996

Always,

Danee

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 22 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing