Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin

Best Primer for Dry Skin

What is the best makeup primer for those of us with really dry skin!?  I'm still searching for the best one!  Thanks! Xx

Anonymous Insider

Re: Best Primer for Dry Skin

simplyclassycas wrote:

What is the best makeup primer for those of us with really dry skin!?  I'm still searching for the best one!  Thanks! Xx

Well for dry and sensitive skin I would recommend Nars-complete concealer. I know that it is concealer, but it is light on the eye-lids so it makes for a great primer. It was recommend to me from a Sephora artist. The Urban Decay primer is nice too, but compared to Nars there is no competition.

Hi! I have very dry , patchy skin. Smashbox did NOT work for me, it burned my skin but that could be just me. I love the BECCA primer and have also fallen in love with the Marc Jacobs Coconut Primer! Let us know what you fall in love with! Good luck! 

Becca Backlight Priming Filter has been my go to lately.

I love the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, the FAB Coconut Smoothie priming moisturizer, and the GLAMGLOW Glowstarter moisturizer, although I think that the FAB and GG products do basically the same thing.

RE: Best Primer for Dry Skin

The smashbox primer oil is great!

the too faced hangover primer and the first aid beauty illuminating coconut primer

Girl i have the driest skin ever so I get you!! You have to try the two faced hangover primer its so hydrating and doesn't make my skin flake or peel! Lmk if u find another one better so I can try it too!!

Girl I have found best primer ever. The perks of being a subscriber for Play by Sephora. I tried a sample of First Aid Beauty Coconut Hydrating Primer. Girl I'm telling you it's the best primer I ever tried. Along I use Benefit Poreless Primer. Or Smashbox primer. Hope that helps. Try it out before you buy it. See if you like it.

@simplyclassycas I have dry skin, too, and primers I like the best ( by far! ) are MUFE Nourishing Primer:

http://www.sephora.com/step-1-skin-equalizer-primer-P393965?skuId=1669142&icid2=products%20grid%3Ap3...

And, Cover FX Anti-Aging Primer:

http://www.sephora.com/anti-aging-primer-P377613?skuId=1488428&icid2=products grid:p377613

Ooh I've never tried the CoverFX one!  I definitely need to give it a try!  Thank you so much for your advice!  Xx

Hi @simplyclassycas, I have very dry skin too, so I've tried several hydrating primers over the years! Here are my top three:

Becca Backlight Priming Filter - great for that extra hydrated glow and leaves a beautiful finish.

Laura Mercier Hydrating Foundation Primer - super hydrating and feels like a lotion.

Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Primer - more of a lightweight texture, and wonderful for cooling in the summer heat.

I hope that helps!

Thank you so much for your recommendations!  I'm definitely going to have to try them out!  So glad I'm not alone in the dry skin world! Xx

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 19 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing