Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Best Moisturizer for Dry Skin?

So, I have tried soooo many moisturizers. I have really, really dry skin and can't find anything to help. I've tried Clinique moisture surge, extended relief, dramatically different gel/lotion, Neutrogena hydragel, Tarte H2O, I've even tried using GlamGlow thirsty mud as a moisturizer instead of a mask... these are just a few. Anyway, I would love any suggestions! I also have pretty sensitive skin, so I don't try as much skincare as I'd like because I'm afraid of getting a reaction. 😕 helppp

RE: Best Moisturizer for Dry Skin?

belief aqua bomb

Re: Best Moisturizer for Dry Skin?

If you're sensitive but looking for a great moisturizer (or a routine in general), I know this isn't a Sephora brand but I would check out skoah! They are 97% natural and they won't irritate or make your skill feel sensitive. All their products feel gentle on the skin and they even do facials there if you'd want an esthetician to take a look at your skin and recommend great products for you.

I did Accutane for almost a year while living in Florida. Suffice to say, my skin hated me. You'll need something pretty strong to heal dry, cracked skin. While I don't like suggesting non-Sephora items on a Sephora branded channel - you might want to try drugstore. If you have terrible problem areas (cracking or peeling) use Aquaphor in the big squeezy tube. I used this for my tattoo and also my cracking lips while on Accutane. It's also great for places near the jaw or hairline that experience extreme dryness in winter. I used the Ceraphil or CeraVe moisturizer that comes in a big jar and slathered it on like a sleep mask for bed. I hate to say it but drinking water is also something to not discount! As for Sephora branded product, I HIGHLY recommend First Aide Beauty moisturizers. I have the one that comes in a jar (see a theme?) and it works great with little fragrance so it shouldn't be too irritating. Comes in an awesome travel size too! Beat of luck!

Have you tried the Belif skincare line? The moisturizing...

Have you tried the Belif skincare line? The moisturizing bomb and aqua bomb have done wonders for my Sahara desert skin 🙂

Re: Have you tried the Belif skincare line? The moisturizing...

I second this! The belif moisturizing bomb was really amazing for my dry skin, and it didn't clog my pores or break me out which was great

I think the suggestions of oils below are good ones. If your skin is super dry, jojoba and/or Aragon oil is great. Jojoba works well at moisturizing without leaving a nasty residue. You can also get it pretty inexpensively. 

Try Cerave pm lotion, I have the same issues as you and have tried so many expensive products, but Cerave has worked the best for me.
Anonymous Insider

Jojoba Oil was my saving grace. After my nightly cleansing routine, I'd put on a t night, and then in the morning before applying makeup, I'd remove it entry and then use my regular moisturizer, Giorgio ArmaniPrima Glow-On Moisturizing Balm and Giorgio ArmaniPrima Moisturizing Serum (You don't have to use both at once, but I use the serous right before my foundation).

Re: RE: Best Moisturizer for Dry Skin?

Thank you! I don't think I've even ever heard of Jijoba oil, and I can't say I've tried any Georgio Armani products! I'll have to look into it. 🤔

@kbbarbelle Check out Josie Maran's line. It's Argan Oil based and great for dry, sensitive skin. 

Thank you! I've used the foundation, self-tanner for the face, and the Argan milk. I loveeeee the first two, so maybe I should give more of those products a shot! 

Anonymous Insider

Try a serum! (a hyaluronic acid one would be the best). They have a smaller molecular structure and are able to penetrate deeper into the skin than a moisturizer. Use a serum first, let it soak in, then apply a moisturizer.

I think you might be right! I don't currently use any serums in my skincare routine except for a vitamin c serum (if I remember). I know Jackie Aina was talking about how a hyaluronic acid serum was saving her skin! I'll def look into it, thank you for the suggestion!! 🙏🏽

IMG_0890.PNGI have dry skin and have had a lot of luck with the Fresh Rose line. I use the there Rose  face toner than the  hydrating Rose face cream

I have tried a lot of moisturizers out there as well, with limited success. I really like using Josie Maran Argan Oil and /or the Josie Maran Argan Milk. They are fragrance free & can be used with other products for extra hydration. During the winter I use the regular argan oil and/or the milk, and then use the Josie Maran unscented body butter on my face...that combo gives me enough hydration. I don't recommend the Face Butter tho, I didn't think it was buttery or nearly moisturizing enough.

Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG_0890.PNG
testing