cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Beginning Accutane

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be starting Accutane in a few days. Do you have any suggestions for specific products that worked for you when you were on Accutane?

Tags:

Re: Beginning Accutane

Good luck on the Accutane journey! If you take care of your skin and stay hydrated you should have no problems and have beautiful skin when it's all over. Here are products that helped me (some of them not available at Sephora):

SKINCARE:

- Sunscreen (this is a MUST): La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid for Face and Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF

- Lips: Aquaphor (+ anywhere else on your face or body that may be peeling), FRESH Sugar Lip Treatment (I really liked the clear one) and FRESH Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment

- Oils: Josie Maran Argan Oil and Jojoba oil for the face when it's really dry (used at night)

- Face cream: First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream or Cera Ve moisturizer 

- Serum: Anything moisturizing but I was using the Lancome Genifique Youth Activating serum and Shiseido Ultimate Power Infusing Concentrate

- Eye cream: Clinique All About Eyes (rich or regular) and The Body Shop Aloe Eye Defence

- Cleanser: Honestly depends on your skin sensitivity, I was still using my Dermalogica Clearing Skin Wash because my skin was so well moisturized that it could handle it - but I wouldn't recommend it since it does have acne treatment in it. Cetaphil is usually recommended

MAKEUP:

- Foundation: NARS Sheer Glow (looked less cakey than the luminous

- Primer: MAKE UP FOR EVER Step 1 Skin Equalizer Primer - Hydrating Primer

- Setting Powder: MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Microfinishing Pressed Powder

Hope this helps!

RE: Beginning Accutane

I used to use Clinique Turnaround cream, a green redness reducing primer under foundation, and lots and lots of Carmex. Good luck, honey!

Re: Beginning Accutane

@MBran,

Lip balm is a must!  Favorites are Bite Agave and Ultra Repair Lip Therapy.

Good luck!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing