cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Any suggestions for eyelid ezcema?? HELP

I have tried everything under the sun!

I just want a really strong, extremely moisturizing eye cream that contains no sulfates, parabens, or frangrances and is ok for sensitive skin! the only thing that has kind of worked on me is burts bee's honey chapstick and olive oil....imagine that every day and trying to wear makeup and not look like you were punched in the face!

I know I'm sadly not the only one suffering, please share any tips or tricks for relief and I will owe you for life!

Thanks ladies 🙂

Spoiler

Re: Any suggestions for eyelid ezcema?? HELP

My husband gets eczema on his eyelids too, he got frostbite on them when he was snowmobile racing and now every winter he gets eczema on his eyelids. the only thing that has really helped him was glaxal base cream, you can get a huge jar of it at costco for like $15 and it works amazingly well. I've recently damaged my skin's moisture barrier on my under eyes (over rubbing them while cleansing) and have been using it to help nurse them back to normal

RE: Any suggestions for eyelid ezcema?? HELP

Use Skinfix Eczema+ Dermatitis Face Balm. It can be used on the eyelids and around the eyes. It is awesome. It just launched on Sephora

Hey,

I also struggle with this! This is the only thing that has worked for me so far:

1. Skinfix Eczema + sheer face ointment (put it on in the morning and before bed.)
2. Eau Thermale Avenue Extra Calm A.D Lipid-Replenishing Cream (put on during the day if my face feels dry).

Hope this helps!

So late reply but, I'm seconding the First Aid Beauty ultra repair cream. I get eczema on my eye lids all the time and I will use this as my eye cream and it clears it up in a few days. Life saving because its not greasy or sticky. I try not to use makeup on my eyes until it clears up though. 

I just cringed at the idea of my eczema affecting such a delicate spot.  Mine is just on my hand.

The first non-prescription item that was able to clear mine up was Josie Maran's Argan Oil.  I used to use it both on my face and in the lengths of my hair, then I would massage in the residue into my hands.  Within two weeks, my hands were smoother than I ever remembered.

Another thing that has helped was my boyfriend's tepezcohuite pomade.  I probably spelled that wrong but it's essentially a thick pomade made out of tree root.  He has really bad psoriasis and that with vitamin d was able to help his arms, legs and stomach become less inflamed and chapped.    

I'm not sure if this will help but Consonant beauty is a brand that's 100% organic and free of literally every harsh chemical (alcohol, sulfate, parabens, etc.) and they make an eye cream. I'm not sure how hydrating it is but it surely won't cause a serious reaction. 

@solerika Check out Dr Jart's Ceramidin Oil Balm. This has helped me with some minor eczema and dry skin. I add a thick moisturizer over the balm for extra hydration.

The ceramidin oil balm helps reduce redness while hydrating my skin. I hope you find relief soon! 

http://m.sephora.com/product/P391767?skuId=1670314

What is this Bite Agave mask? Why haven't I heard of it?! On my way to Sephora tomorrow to pick some up!

Hi hun, have you tried pure coconut oil? I have really bad eczema on my face too, it helps me, but sometimes I do have to deep into some cortisone when it gets really bad!

Are you sure you're not using a product that's causing a reaction of some sort? That has happened to me twice now: once when I tried the stila liner pen and once when I tried too faced shadow insurance. In my experience, it eventually cleared up on its own, although I do recall using a dab of coconut oil on it every day one of the times.

This is going to sound strange, but the only thing that cleared up my eyelid eczema was the Bite Agave mask. Of course it won't help you if you're allergic to lanolin, but it was a lifesaver for me. 

I just found my three samples of Bite Agave so I could try this. Thanks for the tip!

I'm too scared to use my prescription eczema ointment around my eyes, so I often use calendula salve, which sadly seemed to stop working after a couple of years.

I applied it twice a day, and I didn't wear eyeshadow during that time. I think it was a couple of weeks before the patches were completely healed. 

@Beadshopgirl Thanks again for this tip; I tried the Bite mask on my eyelid last night, and the eczema patch already looks significantly better. This might be the best off-label use of a beauty product I've tried lately!

When I had my flair up (thanks UD primer potion) I used seabuckhorn oil. The Fresh Seaberry oil has some seabuckhorn oil mixed in there. However if you can get just the oil on its own its best . Look for it at Russian/Ukrainian/Armenian pharmacies.  If you can't find it Argan oil also works. I would gently dab it with the oil a few times a day.

I'm wondering if the UD is the culprit of my flare up. I was using it for a bit when I noticed my lids getting super itchy, dry, and red. I've stopped using new products until my skin heals and between the UD potion and various liquid liners I've gotten in beauty boxes I was not sure what caused it. 

I thought I was the only person in the world that was allergic to the ud Primer potion.  Glad to know I'm not alone.  

Awww I feel you OP!  I just am getting over my eczema flare up on my eyelids and the skin just under the brow bone on both eyes.  I went out and bought the Skin Fix eczema sheer face ointment because like you, I wanted to use something without all the bad ingredients and steroids.  It helped to an extent, but it was so greasy I felt like I was putting petroleum jelly on my face. 

Since I was still red and icky looking, I decided to buy what I've used in the past and since Friday (4 days ago) I am well on my way to being healed.  What worked for me is the Aveeno Baby eczema therapy moisturizing cream. You can easily find this at target in the baby aisle.

http://www.target.com/p/aveeno-baby-eczema-therapy-moisturizing-cream-7-3-oz/-/A-14599017

There is an almost identical product in the regular lotion aisle, but aveeno does not put a tamper resistant seal on it like they do the baby product.  So that is why I've only ever tried the baby product. 

Good luck and keep us posted!

I'm going through this myself...a drugstore hypoallergenic mascara was start of the problem and  now i've been stuck with dermatitis above one eye for a couple of months. I tried a bunch of creams including one touted on a blog (manuka honey rescue cream). I ended up at my opthamologist and she gave me hydrocortizone which I bought at drugstore (0.5% cream) and I used it for a couple of weeks and when i stopped it came back. so i searched some more and saw someone mention argan oil so I pulled my plain Josie Maran bottle I had out and in a short while it looked so much better and healed. It was all dry scabby looking and even had a little blood dot from cracking and that all was gone overnight. So I've only been doing this for 4 days now but I am amazed at the difference. So as long as you don't have a nut allergy I'd think about trying the argan oil. It's safe to use around eyes and is all natural.  Man I spent so much on products over past 2 months (mostly stuff that you're not supposed to use around eyes)..so I'd give this a try.

Hi @solerika,

Have you checked out First Aid Beauty's Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration? This body cream can be used head to toe, and is great for sensitive skin as well as eczema! It has colloidal oatmeal which will soothe the skin, as well as shea butter for hydrating. I hope this helps. 🙂

Cheers!
Nikko
Conversation Stats
testing