Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

Having trouble finding a suitable blush colour.

Okay, so I have heard orange blush works well for black women but I feel like it doesn't fit me. I also don't like blushes that are too pink nor too red cause I feel like a clown in those colours. I'm lightskinned with a yellow/warm undertone so if anyone has any blushes that you know works with my complexion without looking goofy, please let me know.

Tags:

Re: Having trouble finding a suitable blush colour.

terracotta & plum blush colors are the best!

-Rare beauty liquid blush in shade Love.

-Merit Beauty flush balm blush in shade Apres.

-Danessa Myricks yummy skin balm powder flushed in shade Jubilee or Dancing Queen.

When having trouble finding a suitable blush color, consider selecting a shade that matches your natural flush when you pinch your cheeks or opt for neutral and universally flattering tones like peach or rose. You can also seek advice from a makeup artist or try samples to find the best match for your skin tone.

If anyone want to know about biographyrevealer visit here https://biographyrevealer.com/

New suggestion that I have my eye one - Beauty Bakerie (they're sold in many stores like ULTA, Target and on Amazon too). They have the most amazing packaging designs for every product they launch. Their blush palettes are what I've got my eye on as I've seen on their instagram page how pigmented and beautifully the shades apply on deep skin colors.  I think they recently launched single color blush pots too, but the palettes I would say are the only ones that have made my eyes wonder from my bright Juvia's Place blushes.

Urban Decay Stay Naked Threesome Blush, Bronzer, & Highlighter Palette Rise 

The blush in this palette looks really natural and a bit more on the peach side on my olive brown skin, pleasantly surprised by how nice this is and the pigment payoff.

I use Juvia's Place powder blushes for the super pigmented pink blush they have as a POC friendly dupe for the Dior pink blush everyone raves about - I can only imagine the other shades will be just as good for color payoff.

I have my eye on the Danessa Myricks Beauty Dewy Cheek & Lip Palette as these colors look really pretty for all shades of brown and black skin, and I have heard so many good things about the quality of the products from this brand.

@DieselEngine

Nude/Terracotta Blushes:

PATRICK TA Major Headlines Double-Take Crรจme & Powder Blush Duo She's So LA

PAT McGRATH LABS Skin Fetish: Divine Powder Blush Paradise Venus(Has a terracotta, reddish tone to it)

PAT McGRATH LABS Skin Fetish: Divine Powder Blush Desert Orchid 

(Paradise glow is this shade and Desert Orchid together)

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Blush 10 Rosรฉ Latte 

NARS Blush Savage

You could also try a coral that leans orange, versus a straight orange

SEPHORA COLLECTION Sephora Colorfulยฎ Face Powders โ€“ Blush, Bronze, Highlight, & Contour 29 Fascinated 

If your light skin with warm/yellow undertones, try dark peach blush instead of an orange blush. It may suit you better than something quite so vibrant. Make sure you don't go for something too light though, because it might look ashy on your face.

I work PT at Sephora & west Macao too ! 
Try Plumberry by Makeup By Mario or Nars Cream Blush in the shade Scandolous  ! Theyโ€™re my go tos ๐Ÿซถ๐Ÿพ

I work part time at Sephora. In Nars I wear Macao. I always feared blush because I didnโ€™t want to go over the top but I have been loving Benefit Cosmetics WANDERful World Silky-Soft Powder Blush Moone and Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Blush 09 Cool Berry

a little goes a long way for both and i think theyโ€™re nice in the winter. 

I like to put my blush on before my setting powder, I feel like the setting powder will tone down the blush if I did go over the top lol. Sometimes I can get heavy handed.

good luck! And worse case scenario you can always exchange until you find the right product 

Iโ€™m a caramel brown in the summer and lighter brown in the winter. My favorite blushes are usually variations of brown with a hint of pink. Right now my favorite is Too Faced Natural Face Palette- Sunny Honey. I use it daily. And when I want a little flare I use the Pink Sand.

Brown with a hint of pink, I didn't think to try that, thank you so much!

Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 19 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing