Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

Chemical burn from Eradikate

I would really appreciate if anyone has some knowledge on how to heal a chemical burn...specifically on dark skin. 
I used the Kate Summerville Eradikate and it burned the top layer of my skin completely off. I attached a picture so you can clearly see what it looks like. 
Does anyone know how I should treat my skin? I really don’t want a black mark on my cheek or the skin to scar badly. If anyone knows what to do I would really appreciate it. 

94A656EB-6253-4B03-81E2-73D10ED901BB.jpeg

Re: Chemical burn from Eradikate

@jordinDe  Whenever my skin barrier's damaged (chemical burn, over-exfoliation, super bad reaction, windburn, etc.) and is super red and sore, I roll my skincare routine waaaay back to this:

1. Gentle cleanser (PM only; AM becomes just a water rinse if necessary) - my favorite for this is The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL , which I can also let sit on my face for 5-10 minutes as a soothing mask before rinsing it off. Once my skin starts feeling better (though still damaged), I massage this balm on first, then massage my usual gentle PM cleanser (CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar) over it and rinse everything off at once. 
  2. Optional step: Hydrating serum that contains NO direct acids or vitamin C - this step is optional depending on your usual skin type/behavior. Plain ol' water can be a hydrator here. I use It's Skin Power 10 Formula Li Effector, which is a calming and hydrating serum made with just 9 ingredients, including anti-inflammatory licorice root extract and humectant polyglutamic acid. Licorice root is also a skin brightener. 
  3. Petrolatum-based balm as a moisturizer - instead of my usual moisturizer, I use a thin layer of either Aquaphor Ointment or CeraVe Healing Ointment. You can even use Vaseline or another petroleum jelly if you want. Petrolatum-based balms will seal in hydration and act as a protective barrier while your skin heals. 
  4. Broad spectrum sunscreen that's at least SPF 30 (AM only) - still need to apply this each day your skin's exposed to sunlight, even if you're indoors or in a car/bus/whatever, regardless of weather or season. You'll want to prevent UV damage to your skin while it's extra vulnerable in a damaged state. Plus, sunscreen will help you avoid hyperpigmentation. 

Give your skin time to heal with that simple regimen. Avoid all chemical exfoliants, vitamin C, and retinol (and other retinoids) until your skin's healed. Also avoid essential oils; personally I think everyone should always avoid those, but especially during a broken skin barrier incident. 

When in doubt or extreme pain, talk to your dermatologist or primary care doctor. 🙂 Hope your skin heals soon! 

Now u need extra gentle products Keils has quite a few products for dry sensitive skin which is what u need now. A good dermo Dr might not be a bad idea help keep u from scarring. Good luck 💋

Thank you so so much! I wasn’t sure if using a occlusive was okay before it heals a bit. 
And thanks for clarifying that I can still use a gentle cleanser in the evening (my usual is Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser  ). So far I’ve only used warm water on it since event that hurts.  Thank you for the breakdown

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • 94A656EB-6253-4B03-81E2-73D10ED901BB.jpeg
testing