Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

A good under eye concealer

Re: A good under eye concealer

Hi @MsKayDetroit ,

It's hard to find deeper shades that don’t oxidize to orange, go chalky, or crease throughout the day.  My “go to” lately is the Fenty Brightener Concealer.

I apply it with the round section of a damp mini or micro beautyblender sponge and layer to increase coverage intensity depending on how much sleep I’ve gotten, etc

It plays well with foundation applied over it and then I apply setting powder for more intensity or less.

I hope this is helpful! 

@elenaenjoyscosm  A little tip for products that oxidize to orange is to mix a tiny amount of matte purple powder into your setting powder.  It sounds counterintuitive but will help neutralize any orange that develops.  

@heartsmyface thank you for that great tip! I’m looking forward to experimenting with it! 🙏🏾

Hey MsKayDetroit! 

Nars and Laura Mercier both make beautiful options in concealers for deeper skin tones. Would highly recommend either one (they're both in my pro kit) Make sure to prep with a good lightweight eye cream and set with a light hand using setting powder and you should be good to go! 

P.S. I was completely guessing on shades below. But, if you tell me what foundation you usually wear I might be able to help you narrow it down better. 

--Danielle from Flint 🙂 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing