Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

e-card Hacked!

I received an e-card from Sephora yesterday and was so excited to use it in the store! I went to the store to make my purchase and all the money had been taken off the card by someone else, who hacked a system and stole the card information. 

I spoke to the employees in store who really didn't help whatsoever. I understand it's a complex issue - but clearly I wasn't the first to experience this. They didn't offer support or help, or frankly, any kind of support. 

I left the store to call both the e-card company and Sephora's hotline to troubleshoot. Both companies deny all liability even though they have the ability to cancel the transaction. It's been less than 24 hours since the card was used by someone else online, so the order hasn't even shipped yet. 

Both companies directed me to the other - it's clear neither want to accept liability. It wasn't given the chance to protect my e-card, it was stolen before I even pulled it out at Sephora. Sephora told me to call CashStar, CashStar told me to call Sephora. My hope was the Sephora could cancel the transaction and refund the amount on a different gift card. I understand the complexities of this - but was so upset that the transaction couldn't be refunded. Heck, I would have taken the money on the same gift card! That way, they would be protecting all involved. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue? 

Re: e-card Hacked!

I have the same experience. OMG. I thought it was my fault cause i checked my balance in sephoragiftcardbalance.com..So, i have this gift card that I used and had to cancel the transaction because my order was wrong, they said that they already refunded the money to my gift card so I checked the balance on that site and it showed the right amount. When I was about to use it, the balance was just 1.80. I called then they gave me a website (---) which doesnt look like a helpline or something. I am so disappointed. I wish they could just cancel the order of that person cause it was not even 24h ago.

Hi @dmaoca,

I'm sorry to hear this! I'll take a look further and I'll send you a message shortly. Please note that outside link in your post was removed in keeping with our Community Guidelines. 

Warm regards,

Laurie

I will wait. Thank you. I really hope you can help me. It's really not that much but i feel bad about it.

Anonymous Insider

This is terrible!!!!!!!! I am so sorry!! What a sour experience!!!!!! They need to PROTECT their customers who work hard to shop at the store!!!!!!!  I hope they make it right for you. 

Funny how they can track everything we order, down to the samples. But they can't tell you what a gift card linked to your account online was used on, or reverse that transaction less than 24 hours after it happened ....

Anonymous Insider

wow, good point! track every single point and purchase...

It's interesting - because they were able to tell me exactly when the transaction happened. I have the card and pin number - you'd think that would authorize me to tell them to cancel it? 

Hi @LadyAceLinds,

I am sorry to hear this and I will take a look further. I'll send you a message shortly.

Warm regards,

Laurie

Hello! I wish you could help me with my issue. It's so frustrating. Thank you.

This exact thing happened to me. I was given an e gift card for 100, redeemed online, and then it was used on 6/7 4 times - not by me. Was transferred about 6 different times with no able to help me when I called. They could tell me when it was used, and how much - 4 $25 tranactions - but that's it. No one could help and one representative before he transferred me said its usually just gone. This is so frustrating. 

Okie, thanks Laurie! I appreciate it. 

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing