Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Unsuccessful authorization

I’m so frustrated all my orders keep getting cancelled, I thought the issue was initially due to my credit card info not matching up but doesn’t seem to be the case as I was able to order using the same card and info using my daughters account. 
Tried placing the order at the store to ensure I don’t get the message again since the payment will be done through their gateway but an hour later still getting the same issue. 

Really frustrating when you are trying to benefit from your vib status during the ongoing sale and your store doesn’t have the Shade in stock and this happens when you place the order online. 

customer support has been unable to provide much help either, saying they’ll get back to me in a week when the sale will be over. 

really need to improve the online ordering process or speed up the customer support 

Re: Unsuccessful authorization

This just happened to me today again and when I asked for a discount code I could use in store (because I’m sick of encountering issues with online orders) they told me to contact someone else about that. Um who !? It’s also really really annoying they don’t alert you at all that your order has been cancelled. 

I have been dealing with the same issue for over a YEAR and after many calls to Sephora, I finally figured out on my own what could fix this. The billing address zip code for my bank included the last 4 digits (XXXXX-XXXX). - Btw I live in the US. 

while my card could be used elsewhere w/o me putting the last four numbers in, Sephora appears to require our zip codes include them (my bank automatically put the last four zip code in as my billing address and I cannot get rid of that)

so yes, if you live in the US, definitely try to put the FULL zip code in. That’s what I eventually figured out. Sigh. Took so long and so many frustrating conversations with Sephora. 

hope this helps.

Girl I hear you! Found out this just happened to me on TWO orders and now the items I want are sold out. Why don’t they contact people about this??!

VERY unhappy with Sephora as a long time VIB and Rouge member. 

They also will not honor the sale discount once the items are back in stock. 😡

Hi @PinkCheezyPoof

Oh no! I will send you a PM.

Regards,
Danee

Hi @farghana

I'm sorry to hear about this! I will send you a PM.

Regards,
Danee

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing