Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Unsuccessful authorization

Thought I ordered something. Just logged on and saw that message. Sephora didn't even send an email informing me of the decline. What is going on? Why was my order declined? I saw the charge appear then refund on my card so clearly it was accessible. 

Tags:

Re: Unsuccessful authorization

me too. ugh

Hi @simonemini

Oh no! I see that you were recently assisted via our Live Chat.

Regards,

Danee

No assistance at all. Just another (2nd) suggestion I wait until Sephora contacts me which the didn’t the 1st time and I have little faith they will the 2nd time

@simonemini I will send you a PM! 

Hi @Chriss0820,

I will send you a private message so I can further assist you. Thanks! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

"Hi There, I am sorry that you were not notified about your order. A automatic email is sent to the email on file. I suggest contacting us at 1-877-SEPHORA (1-877-737-4672) so we can assist your account and payment information. You will not be charged for this order. Again, I am so sorry for the inconvenience caused. "

That's what your response said. I only received 1 automated email and that was informing me the order was confirmed. Nothing to tell me it was""unsuccessful authorization," that I didn't see until I signed in to view the order last night.

So I ordered the product again last night, and even with expedited shipping it won't arrive on time, all because sephora didn't feel the need to notify its consumers of payment errors? I called the number you provided. I was informed that "further verification is sometimes required" I was also told that it was likely that my reorder would be declined for the same reason, I was then offered to place the order over the phone. What is this, Sears in 1973? Why have an online sales platform if it won't work. I've seen other complaints from consumers on this forum regarding the same unsuccessful authorization. Mind you the credit card was clearly accessed and then refunded, so what further verification is needed? My reorder status says it's in progress so we'll see what happens. This is such poor customer service on Sephoras part. You don't inform me that you declined my order, or why. And when I call I'm told that bs about verification? I'm sure if and when my reorder is canceled I won't receive a notification either. I will be sure to tell everyone and anyone about the poor customer service being provided by Sephora.

@Chriss0820 I'm so sorry to hear about this. For further assistance, please reply directly to @JaneanBT's private message. Thank you.

@DaneeBT  So I did as you said and sent her a response to the original message. Its been hours and nothing has occurred. I just need to know whether the current order will be canceled due to "unsuccessful authorization" or not so I can go buy the gift elsewhere.

@Chriss0820 If you sent Janean a PM, she will be responding as soon as she is able to. Additionally, I see that your most recent order was successfully placed and is currently being processed at our Distribution Center. You are welcome to check the status of your order anytime, directly on your online account!

@DaneeBTThank you so much for informing me about the status of my order!

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing