cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Unable to redeem scent certificate online

Hey —

like so many other folks, I purchased a fragrance sampler and I’m now wanting to redeem the full fragrance online however, like so many other folks I’m unable to do so. I think it’s unfortunate to have to scour the app for answers and there seem to be none. Way too many people are having the same difficulty and there are no easily accessible resolutions aside from a support person willing to return with a PM to resolve.

There has to be a more efficient way to address widespread issues. In the meantime, I suppose I’ll wait my turn to receive a private message.

Thanks.

Re: Unable to redeem scent certificate online

Why isn’t an answer just posted?? Why do we have to wait for a PM from somebody? The certificate that I’m trying to use has two barcodes. One of them is for Sephora use; the other is a security measure.  Neither one has any letters so there’s no possibility of using uppercase versus lowercase. I’ve been trying to do this forever and it’s ridiculous.  Each barcode only contains numbers.  I have tried entering the certificate barcode utilizing the two tiny numbers at the front and end and also without those. I’ve entered it in the promo code, and I’ve tried entering a gift certificate. Neither one works. I’ve tried entering the other number that security number in both regions as well with no luck. Why should this be such a hassle to use? I would appreciate some feedback as soon as possible thanks 

@jbicetime We are sending private messages because we are requesting for information that should not be posted publicly. I will send you a PM to further assist. 

And just to clarify, the perfume option that I chose matches the product number/SKU from the certificate so I know I have chosen the correct perfume

I can’t redeem my certificate either. It adds to the cart, but takes off $0. I verified the sku as well

@ScottyMommy I will send you a PM for more information. 

I have a cologne sample scent certificate , I can choose 1  ,  1.7 oz for bottles of men's cologne from the choices , I received it  about 3 years ago and they wouldn't except it on Sephora. Com.    I brought it to the closet Sephora store which told me  they didn't carry those colonges at that store , I believe,  I just found it  in my drawer after all this time and there's no where to claim it at checkout at Sephora.com ,   idk ?? 

Hi @casualou,

My apologies, the older scent certificates can only be redeemed in stores and they cannot be redeemed online. I recommend checking the "Buy Online & Pick Up" section on any of the cologne product pages to see if it's carried in a store near you.

Best regards,

Laurie 

Currently struggling with this in 2024. Recently bought a set at Sephora at kohls and it says I can redeem online but my coupon doesn’t work and I’m too sick to travel back to kohls to redeem in person!

@hfbdd Oh no! I'll send you a PM.

There's a glitch in the system...I had the same problem/issue, how I was able to redeem my Scent Certificate with support from a rep after calling in.  I asked the support person to stay on the line with me to redeem my certificate and they were very helpful.   Remember the Promo Code is case sensitive.  You must enter it exactly as it is on the certificate, then press "checkout".   It may ask for a credit card number, but please do not enter it or it will charge you for the scent you are choosing.   I had to cancel the order and try again, this time it allowed me to check out.   It's frustrating but to me it was worth my patience.  Hopefully this helps you in getting your free gift.

Hello I am trying to redeem my code and dont have any 1 or 0 but can not get it to work

@12DIANAAA12 I will send you a PM to help. 

I’m having the same issue my code is redeemable online, I have tried with 1s with Is and with 0s and Os nothing is working 

Thank you! It worked 

Solved needed to use lower case 

I am also having the same issue- can someone PM me also? 

Hi @JessJoking17,

My apologies! Sometimes, the number 1 can be mistaken for a capital letter I in the code. If you previously entered a letter I, please try entering a 1 instead and see if that works. Please also keep in mind that if you have an older voucher, it might only be redeemable in stores. If that's the case, the voucher will state that it cannot be redeemed online and can only be redeemed in stores.  

If you're still having trouble and the voucher states it can be redeemed online, please send me a private message with your registered email address, a photo of the voucher showing the code, and the fragrance you are interested in. Thank you!

Warm regards,

Laurie

It was the I for a 1. Thanks it worked!

Same issue. I've tried uppercase, lowercase, 1s and Is, and dash/no dash. Can you please help me too?

@BrokenBats I will send you a PM to help. 

92 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing