Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

The worst customer experience ever!!

I really do not like to complain nor write a review but I have to take the time to express the service I received at the Brea Sephora location, by far the worst service I have ever had. I have been shopping at Sephora for over a decade and been a loyal member holding a Rouge status, I generally shop online and occasionally go inside the store for color matches. Recently, I received some gifts from friends due to my birthday just passing, some of the items I received was not the color that I liked so I brought it into my local Sephora and spoke to an employee at the register Rosie, at first she was friendly and asked for my id to give me store credit, I went ahead and provided my information not knowing the return policy had changed, for the amount of times I shop at Sephora I have never returned anything and one of the reasons why stayed loyal was due to the return policy. Moments later Rosie hands me a receipt to let me know I have been "declined" and on the receipt, she then stated that i was placed in a database. I asked Rosie why I was not notified or given the option to decline before she decided to enter my information. BEWARE your information is placed in a THIRD PARTY DATABASE when returns are being made, she stated she did not know anything and did not know why I was unable to make a return, later I spoke to a manager on duty Nessa and she was SO RUDE!! never have I been cutt short by a manager by an uh huh while I was speaking, nor has a person rolled their eyes and stated I don't think your understanding what I am saying. I have never felt so discriminated and belittled by a $75 dollar store credit. This is seriously the worst experience I have ever experienced in any retail location.

Re: The worst customer experience ever!!

Agree. Sephora has pretty rude customer service. And management isn’t any better. I returned an online item and was then told I’d be a data base and never allowed to order on line again. Stopped shopping at Seohora and have found other stores that can carry the same products not only less expensive but with better customer service. Sorry for your equally upsetting experience. 

Don’t order from  or shop at Sephora. You’ll be disappointed. Especially if you live in the state of Hawaii. 

Seohora claims that due to federal and state DOT regulations it can’t ship certain products. The same products available to its mainland customers. 

Oddly these same products may be purchased from other retailers from both mainland US and within the state of Hawaii. Moreover the same type of  items Sephora claims can’t be shipped  via air freight somehow make it to Hawaii via air freight.

Sephora - please don’t tell us that aerosols and other  products can’t be shipped via air. Otherwise no store in the state of Hawaii would be selling aerosol products. Walk into Ulta, Macy’s Bloomingdales, Neimen Marcus and many other retailers and you’ll find a myriad of aerosol products. 

Sincerely

Disappointed and now former  VIB Sephora Rouge Member/Consumer 

Anyone want my points? Don’t need them as I won’t shop Sephora (in store or online)  anymore and recommend that all Hawaii residents boycott Sephora stores;

at least until Hawaiii residents  are treated the same as any other US mainland Seohora customer.  Hawaii is after all part of the United States of   America. 

Posted  8/12/18. 

Hi @gogirlsara,

I'm sorry to hear this and appreciate your feedback regarding restricted items and shipping. Such items are only able to ship via ground transport and we do not have a way to modify this. I understand this can be disappointing, and I apologize for the inconvenience. Please send me a private message with the specific item(s) you're referring to and I'll be happy to take a look further.

Best regards,

Laurie

Hi hna12345, 

Sorry to hear about this experience. I'll be sending you a PM so that I can assist you further. 

Bisous, 

Sian

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing