Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support

Sephora vs Ulta Shipping and Delays

Placed an order early morning on the 16th. I understand that shipping delays are a thing and I'm not throwing a temper tantrum and demanding for MY THINGS to be SHIPPED before OTHER PEOPLE'S THINGS [/s]. 

I knew when I ordered to expect a delay, of anywhere from 3-7 days. I actually think I saw 8 days at one point, but the point is, I knew to expect a delay. I think mentally I didn't realize that based on when I ordered and with Thanksgiving and no shipping on weekends, seven business days was the 28th. Which put actual shipping for my products (standard 3-5 day shipping) at the 1st if I'm being optimistic, and the 4th at the latest. Sidenote, it is actually meant to get here on the 4th, so Sephora's math checks out.

So then today, a few things go on sale both with Sephora...and Ulta. I don't like Ulta as much. Their samples are cheap, their home brand is not my favorite, and their staff has always been rude to me. In general, I don't like shopping there. But I bought a few things there because I was not willing for another purchase to get sucked into the void. They sent me a confirmation maybe 2 minutes later with a delivery estimate of the 28th. That's 6 days total. Versus 19. 

Sephora. I prefer shopping with you. I like the samples I get to chose!... that I never receive. I like the points system!... that consistently sells out too quickly, or offers frankly insultingly small kits and samples. And yet I come back, for some reason.

I understand delays and shipping and I don't want to throw a fit. I'm just disappointed that such a large company doesn't have measures in place for this kind of event. It makes me very hesitant to shop online again -- which I do, for the samples (that I don't get) and the promos (that I've always gotten, but now I'm afraid I won't get). Rant over.

The End.

Conversation Stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 1 Contributors
testing