Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Ridiculously Long Journey (Shipping Issues)

I placed an order on November 29th. Having had orders processed/shipped within a few days, I was somewhat surprised that it didn't ship until December 4th; but put that down to it having been a holiday weekend. The package was initially SUPPOSED to be delivered on December 6th (given that it didn't even leave North Salt Lake until the 6th, that was laughable); however, when I checked the Standard Transit on the FedEx tracking, it said it should have been delivered on December 9th.

It is now December 12th, almost a full two weeks after I placed my order; and my package is still meandering its way through the country - literally. The cities that it's hit since leaving N. Salt Lake on the 4th are confusing to say the least - we've got Salt Lake City, Coalville (UT), Cheyenne (WY), Boone (IA), Chicago (where it sat for two days), Hammond (IN)... and it says it's now in Franklin Park, PA. I'm based in NYS, so it will be interesting to see just how many cities will see my package before I do. Given that we've got Harrisburg, Philly, et al. between us, I fear my package won't get to me until next week.

Not sure what kind of contract Sephora has with FedEx, but snail-mail would have been faster than this (and probably cost them less). It's incredibly irritating, particularly because I have additional items in my shopping basket that I had planned to purchase; but am now reluctant to buy through Sephora for fear of a similar shipping delay.

Re: Ridiculously Long Journey (Shipping Issues)

Sephora uses OnTrac to ship and it SUCKS. I just canceled an order because the tracking shows my package has been sitting in a city 30 minutes away from my house for THREE DAYS. It was supposed to have been delivered several days ago, and I kept getting the "DELIVER ON NEXT BUSINESS DAY" message. I got this message three days in a row. What a joke. 

I get that they might want people to visit their stores, rather than placing online orders; but those of us with insane schedules (or, heck, who just don't want to "people" like that) shouldn't have to suffer because Sephora doesn't want to handle shipping as other online vendors do - WELL.

Frustrating. Even more frustrating is the fact that I received notification that I would be PM'd regarding the situation two hours ago, and I've not heard a peep. It makes me wonder if that's the SOP for Sephora.

It will be interesting to see just how much longer my order takes; it will also inform my decision as to whether or not to continue shopping at Sephora.

Hi @LoHaLA38,

I will send you a private message to provide further assistance.

Best,

Penelope

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing