Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

RACISM COMPLAINT ABOUT THE SEPHORA IN CONESTOGA MALL - ONTARIO

I am writing this review as a warning to other customers…

Today I was trying to enjoy my night by stopping by Sephora and purchasing some cologne when the most disturbing scene disrupted me. Sephora really needs to screen their employees so they do not act in an ignorant, mindless, foolish, empty-headed, unintelligent and crass way as their employee did tonight. The employee (for privacy reasons I won’t mention their name) there was absolutely disrespectful and racist towards a group of lovely people. I was walking around while browsing for some cologne and out of nowhere, I hear this employee tell her colleagues to keep her eyes on two kind gentlemen that were beside me. She made her employees watch them and made racists remarks towards them.

The boys and I had struck up a conversation while browsing the isle and they were both looking for a cologne for their significant others. Moreover, out of nowhere she decides that they are potential risks or someone that looks sketchy and says on her mic (aloud) to her colleagues to keep an eye on both of them. They never did anything or even warranted being treated like that. Thankfully, they had a lovely and incredible woman accompanying them who stood up for them and made it clear that they should not be racially profiled like that when there were plenty of people in the store.

The behavior and attitude shown by this employee is absolutely repulsive, never have I been ashamed to be in a room with someone like I did today. She treated two lovely men like delinquents without even knowing them or talking to them.

IT'S ABSOLUTELY DISGUSING THAT THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOUR IS ACCEPTED AT SEPHORA AND NOW I WILL TELL EVERYONE WHAT OCCURED SO THEY DON'T SHOP AT A STORE THAT HAS EMPLOYEES THAT OPENLY RACIALLY PROFILE OTHERS. OVERALL, I FEEL BAD FOR ANY OTHER CUSTOMERS THAT ARE NOT CAUCASSIAN AND HAVE TO DEAL WITH HER, SINCE SHE WILL MOST LIKELY RACIALLY PROFILE THEM AS WELL.

I GUESS IT IS WRONG TO GO SHOPPING FOR COLOGNE FOR YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER???? ABSOLUTELY IGNORANT WAY OF THINKING AND IT MAKES ME FURIOUS JUST THINKING ABOUT IT AGAIN. IT IS HER IGNORANT AND UNEDUCATED WAY OF THINKING THAT DOES NOT LET SOCIETY GROW INTO A SAFE WELCOMING PLACE FOR ALL RACES, GENDERS, ETC...

Ultimately, it falls on SEPHORA to enforce an environment where everyone feels included and safe. Discrimination regarding race is a serious offence. I’ve heard of Sephora’s reputation for racism and now it definitely makes sense.

I look forward to a reply and I genuinely hope that the incident that occurred tonight is the last.

Re: RACISM COMPLAINT ABOUT THE SEPHORA IN CONESTOGA MALL - ONTARIO

Hi @MiguelSalinas,

I have responded to your other post and sent you a private message. Please check your messages when you have the chance. Thanks! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing