Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Price difference on Sephora.com vs Sephora store for items on sale

What is Sephora's price match policy for online, in stores, and stores inside jcp? 

I saw a Sephora brush on sale online for $19 and it was originally $38 (and it wasn't marked as an online only sale), but I didn't have enough items for free shipping. Using the app, there was a feature to see if this item was in stock in stores and it was. It was the same brush and priced at the same original price, $38. It's so fundamental that a store would match its own online store's prices that I didn't check Sephora's policy. When I got to the cashier, she didn't even bother to look at my phone for the online price and just said they don't do price match. When I mentioned it was on Sephora.com, she asked the cashier next to her and that cashier just shook her head without even looking at me. It was definitely a waste of my time to go in stores, and there should have been a disclaimer in the app that although the item is in stock in that store, the price might not be discounted like online if Sephora does indeed not price match Sephora.com.

Can I please have a link to Sephora's price match policy, if any? Thanks!

RE: Price difference on Sephora.com vs Sephora store for items on sale

Experienced this today. I noticed a couple of products on sale and decided the get a few products at the store instead of ordering on line. I was able to get the ABH palette at the sales price and the 20% discount. No problem. At the stand alone Sephora didn’t carry Becca products. So I went to a Sephora in JCPenney and was told buy the sales associate who was ringing for me up the Becca products weren’t on sale. I tried to show her my phone to show her the Sephora and the price and was told that it didn’t matter because the register was ringing it up at the normal price. I then asked her if they would honor the price on the Sephora website. She said no. I didn’t understand why and didn’t buy the products. I guess the sales associate thought I couldn’t hear her when she walked to another sales associate and told her I was trying to be cheap and thought It was funny it was trying to get the highlighter at a cheaper price. I didn’t say anything. I just won’t be spending my money at the Sephora again. Or may just choose to not spend my money at Sephora since there is an issue with what is on sale online vs the JC Penny Sephora stores.

Re: RE: Price difference on Sephora.com vs Sephora store for items on sale

I've had a similar experience @Kimeko1. My local SiJCP has hardly anything on sale. I always check the online sale section prior to buying in SiJCP because they refuse to match the website pricing. 

Re: RE: Price difference on Sephora.com vs Sephora store for items on sale

Hi @Kimeko1

I will forward your feedback regarding this. As far as I know, the price should be the same though. 

Best, 

Mali

Re: Price difference on Sephora.com vs Sephora store for items on sale

Hi @smile4pup

I'm sorry to hear about your experience! Our prices online and in our freestanding stores should match. There is a possibility that there was a delay in updating the pricing in store, however this can easily be resolved. Sephora inside JCPenney stores may have different pricing. 

If you're still having issues with this, please send me a PM!

Bisous, 

Sian

I don't know if they "price match" per say but the price a product shows as online should absolutely be the price it sells for in store. Sometimes they are a bit slow to update the prices on displays in store, but if you scan the item it will show as the online price. (I've experienced this before.) I'm thinking you might have just experienced an issue with those SAs in particular, since they didn't seem particularly inclined to listen to you/see proof of a different price. Remember that you can always ask to speak to management if you're dissatisfied with the experience you're getting from another SA. Additionally, something that has worked for me before one time when the UD Basquiat stuff went on sale online but the prices hadn't yet been updated and were still full price in store, was that I called the phone CS directly (while I was still hanging about the store), and they were able to put a credit in my account for the difference and allow me to use that to purchase in store. 

@smile4pup @concreteroads Store associate told me that they do NOT price match even with their own Sephora website. Product was cheaper online, I showed it to them on my phone but they wouldn't price match and suggested I can either keep it or return it then order online. That was after I paid about $200 for the products purchased and then noticed that they charged higher for the specific item. I ended up returning it in the store. Will order online today.

They don't price match, but they go by whatever is in the system. *Usually* the price online is the more up to date one, but there was definitely that one situation I ran into with the Urban Decay Basquiat stuff (and probably some other sale items too, since I often see items drift in and out of the sale section; it seems quite unpredictable) where there system just wasn't registering the online modified price. I've always been very happy with the CS phone line response though, that's definitely an option for you if you run into this in the future! 

Thank you for all the advice! I had them scan the product...

Thank you for all the advice! I had them scan the product in store and it was not coming up as the same price online. Next time I'll definitely ask to speak with a manager. When I called customer service that day after my experience, the representative said the sale might only be online (but he didn't even ask for the product I was referring to, come to think of it). So I think he was feeding off of my experience in store and what the associate said.

I have been wondering the same thing.

I have been wondering the same thing.

RE: I have been wondering the same thing.

Sephora - I’d be interested to know as well.

Re: RE: I have been wondering the same thing.

Hi all, 

The price on Sephora.com should be the same in all Sephora stores including SiJCP. 

If you see a product that has different pricing, please send me a private message with the store location, links to the product, and your BI account information so I can look into it for you. 😉 Thanks!

Happy Friday, 

Mali

Re: RE: I have been wondering the same thing.

Hi I was browsing the SiJCP site and I really do not understand why their prices are way higher than on the Sephora site! Their 1 oz perfumes are sometimes $20 higher than on the regular Sephora site and I wanted to purchase the Prada Cansy Gloss because I have a jcp gift card but its $96 for the 1 oz which is $65 on Sephora site I really do not understand why SiJCP is trying to gouge customers. Here is a link to the prada fragrance on the SiJCP site.

https://m.jcpenney.com/p/prada-prada-candy-gloss/ppr5007286710?pTmplType=sephora&catId=SearchResults...

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing