Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|
Anonymous Insider

Posts promoting Ulta and their promotions???

Am I the only person that thinks it's extremely inappropriate to post streams about Ulta and all their promos and discounts. Pretty much promoting their business on a Sephora forum?!

Yes, you are the only person that thinks that.

Yes, you are the only person that thinks that.

Re: Posts promoting Ulta and their promotions???

gracielou007 wrote:
Am I the only person that thinks it's extremely inappropriate to post streams about Ulta and all their promos and discounts. Pretty much promoting their business on a Sephora forum?!

I see your point @Anonymous, however, Sephora has been gracious enough to allow us to talk about other retailers and brands here. It actually may be to their advantage to get information we're thinking about that is related to other companies. I'm sure the ever popular, and growing Tom Ford thread (which started well before Sephora carried the brand) was taken into consideration when Sephora was in talks to sell them. I think understanding what their customers are talking about and what they want, while also being able to track their habits is beneficial to Sephora while also being a good way for community members to understand everything that is going on. 

I agree!  Jo Malone also comes to mind... that has been talked about for a long time... Colourpop too... Oh Natasha Denona as well. I remember starting her thread when no one really knew who she was yet. I'm sure there is plenty more but these come to mind for sure.

I know I sound like a broken record but this forum is a gold mine of information. Any company would love to have this at their finger tips. 

Anonymous Insider

RE: Posts promoting Ulta and their promotions???

I see your perspectives and the benefits of sharing. I still don't agree that it's the appropriate forum but that's ok! I just won't indulge in the convo. Happy sharing!

Re: RE: Posts promoting Ulta and their promotions???

@Anonymous  I do get your point. It threw me at first and it does seem odd to discuss competitors. Have a great eclipse day 🙂

It's been going on for years so if Sephora didn't like it they could have stopped it a long time ago. I think it helps increase the use of BI forums and creates more rapport with users since we share so much. Plus Sephora knows what's going on at Ulta which could be helpful. It gives them a look at why we would buy certain items they share from Ulta and what we prefer about Ulta's program. That's valuable information to a corporation. 

@AnonymousApparently it's not inappropriate to Sephora Corporate and that's the only opinion that matters.  😄

I don't think it's inappropriate at all 🙂 We discuss all thing beauty related and Sephora doesn't have everything. We talk about all beauty retailers, not just Ulta.

Inappropriate or not in your opinion, Sephora allows it and many members here appreciate it. We are free to discuss deals and promotions and GWP's at *any* retailer...Ulta just happens to be very popular. Feel free to join us in the deal-sharing fun!

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 83 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing