Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support

Our Commitment to Stand Together

The following communication was sent to our Sephora America employees from our CEO, Jean-André Rougeot, and we have decided to share it with the broader Sephora Community.

To the Sephora team,

As we all absorb news of the guilty verdict in the trial of Derek Chauvin, I want to reflect on the range of emotions and reactions our community may be experiencing in response to this important moment.

At the same time, while this verdict represents accountability and a step in the right direction, I am also acutely aware that racial injustice has a long history, and there have been many before who did not receive the same.

I am thinking of the family and friends of George Floyd. His life mattered. Black Lives Matter. At Sephora, we recognize that true justice means a world in which Black Americans are treated with equal respect and dignity, every day. It should not have come to this.  There is much more work to do.

As we all process our feelings, I ask that you remain empathetic to your peers, friends, and family. I encourage you to practice self-care and take time to reflect on what this verdict means to you.  

When I visit our stores, our distribution centers or our corporate offices in towns large and small across America, I hear the power of your voices and the passion in your hearts. I cherish the diversity of our employees as well as our mission to create a community where all are welcome. We will continue to challenge racism and bias and remain focused on the commitment we made as a company to create a more welcoming and inclusive beauty community. We will continue to support organizations that fight for equality and racial justice. And, as always, we will continue to listen to employee voices, including Sephora Noir, and our Equity Advisors, who are working on the front lines to advocate for a better society for all.

We stand with the Black community inside and outside of the company today.  We have great strength when we all stand together and work towards progress.

Jean-André Rougeot

President & CEO, Sephora Americas

Conversation Stats
  • 0 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 1 Contributors
testing