Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Lost over 1K point due to inactivity

I called Customer Service to look into my points and it was showing zero and I used to have over 1K. I now have learned that when the account has inactivity over 12 months that they take all your points away. I wish this was communicated to the customer upfront or I would have redeemed something earlier on.  I was very disappointed to hear that nothing could be done and customer service had no way of compensating back even a portion of the points. Especially knowing how much effort I have taken to accumulate this high number of points.

Re: Lost over 1K point due to inactivity

This happened to me too! I just discovered I lost more than 2500 points that I saved up. I've been a loyal customer since high school (15+ years) and the inflexibility in this policy, even in light of a world-wide pandemic, is very disappointing. Sephora used to be my go to source for skincare and make up, but this has really made me re-evaluate where I spend in the future.

@fishtails I will look into this for you and will send you a PM. 

I just logged in and the exact same thing happened to me and I’m not happy. Especially as I have 1k in my cart right now. I can easily buy elsewhere. Terrible policy, I’ve spent a lot of money here not to mention a shortage of products for all customers who may have let their points lapse. Simply bad business IMO, and huge bummer because I don’t like using Amazon and Ulta never has what I want. Any other suggestions?

Hi @DragonJones,

Points only expire if your account has been inactive for 12 consecutive months or longer. You can keep your account active by making a purchase, or redeeming a reward, the birthday gift, or a gift card. I'll look into this further and I'll send you a message.

Best,

Laurie

Hi @ElissaHuang,

I'll look into this further and I'll send you a message.

Best regards,

Laurie

I also lost my points. I was saving and accumulating but received no notice they would expire. I’m really bummed. I haven’t been wearing a lot of makeup due to pandemic and upset all those years of saving are gone. Can my points be reinstated?

Hi @heon

I'm sorry to hear about your points and that you didn't receive the emails notifying you that your points were going to expire. Points will expire if your account has been inactive for 12 consecutive months or more. You can keep your account active by making a purchase or redeeming a reward  or the birthday gift. I'll look into this then send you a PM.

Regards,
Danee

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing