Kik x Sephora Prom Sweepstakes Official Rules
Kik x Sephora Prom Sweepstakes Official Rules
Kik x Sephora Prom Sweepstakes
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR TO RECEIVE A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT AFFECT OR IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. This sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. ODDS OF WINNING FOR A KIK ENTRY DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF KIK ENTRIES; ODDS OF WINNING FOR A FACEBOOK ENTRY DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF FACEBOOK ENTRIES RECEIVED.
ELIGIBLE MINORS MUST OBTAIN THEIR PARENT’S OR LEGAL GUARDIAN’S CONSENT BEFORE PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
- Sponsor: Sephora USA, Inc., 525 Market Street, 32nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, sephora.com (“Sephora” or “Sponsor”). This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Kik Interactive, Inc (“Kik”) or Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”).
- Eligibility: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States (including Puerto Rico but excluding Guam and all other U.S. and foreign territories and possessions not otherwise mentioned herein) who are 13 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Those considered to be a minor in their legal jurisdiction of residency (a “minor”) must obtain their parent’s or legal guardian’s consent before participation in this Sweepstakes, and any and all statements below regarding an entrant’s or winner’s agreement to, acceptance or acknowledgment of, these legal terms and conditions mean the agreement, acceptance or acknowledgment of the entrant’s or winner’s parent or legal guardian. Sweepstakes is not open to employees, independent contractors, officers, directors, agents or representatives of Sponsor, or of any of its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors and/or assigns, or of Sponsor’s advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors (all such persons and entities are referred to collectively as the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and the immediate family members (mother, father, brother, sister, daughter, son or spouse, regardless of where they live) and persons living in the same household (whether or not related) of any of the foregoing.
- To Enter: On May 10, 2017 beginning around 12:00 pm (noon) Pacific Time (PT), Sponsor will host a prom-related makeover (the “Event”) and will stream the Event live via a post (the “Live Event Post”) on Sponsor’s Facebook page (at facebook.com/sephora) (“Sponsor’s Page”). Enter the Sweepstakes in one of two (2) ways:
Via Kik: To enter via Kik, follow Sephora on Kik and submit a prom beauty-related question under the “Prom” and “Submit a Question” buttons on the Kik messaging platform (each, a “Kik Entry”). Your Kik Entry must comply with all of the Submission Requirements listed below. Kik Entries must be submitted between May 5, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. PT and May 9, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. PT (the “Kik Sweepstakes Entry Period”). For winner notification purposes, you must continue to follow Sephora on Kik until the winner is selected (see Section 5).
Via Facebook: To enter via Facebook, post a prom beauty-related question as a comment on the Live Event Post (each, a “Facebook Entry”). Your Facebook Entry must comply with all of the Submission Requirements listed below. Facebook Entries must be submitted while the Event is streaming “live” as indicated on the Live Event Post, approximately between 12:00 p.m. (noon) PT and 12:30 p.m. PT on May 10, 2017 (the “Facebook Sweepstakes Entry Period”). Your Facebook Entry must remain posted as a comment on the Live Event Post until the winner is selected (see Section 5).
Once you submit a question via one of the two entry methods above, you will be entered into the Sweepstakes. Only one entry per person per entry method is permitted.
Submission Requirements: Your Entry must comply with these Official Rules, including all of the following Submission Requirements (as used in these Official Rules, the term “Entry” refers to both a Kik Entry and a Facebook Entry):
- Entry must contain text only; no photographs or videos may be included in the Entry.
- You must own all rights to the Entry.
- The Entry must not contain any third-party trademarks, names, logos, drawings, cartoons, photographs, pictures, or phrases (other than those owned by Sponsor).
- The Entry must not contain any defamatory statements or discriminatory language, including but not limited to words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group (as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion).
- The Entry must not contain any nudity, lewd, vulgar, indecent or obscene behavior, language or material (as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion), or any other material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the Entry is created, or is otherwise deemed by Sponsor to be objectionable or otherwise unsuitable for a public forum.
- The Entry must not contain any advertisements, “spam” content, promotional materials, "junk mail," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.
- The Entry must not contain any email addresses, URLS to other websites, phone numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact or personal information.
Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, remove and/or disqualify any Entry that does not comply with these Submission Restrictions or that Sponsor otherwise deems to be inappropriate or unresponsive in its sole discretion. In the event of disqualification, the Entry will not be entered into the Sweepstakes.
By submitting a Facebook Entry, each entrant understands and agrees that the entrant’s Facebook Entry may be accessible for viewing by the general public and any such posting will be deemed made at the direction of the entrant within the meaning of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and the Communications Decency Act.
Use of multiple Kik or Facebook accounts to enter more than once is prohibited. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder associated with the Kik or Facebook account of the entry (as applicable), which the entrant will have the obligation to establish. Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified. All eligible Kik Entries carry an equal chance of winning, and all eligible Facebook Entries carry an equal chance of winning.
Sponsor is not responsible for late, incomplete, misdirected, delayed, or undelivered entries, including without limitation inability to access entrant’s Kik or Facebook’s account, or Sponsor’s Page or the Live Event Post, or entries not timely received due to telephone failures, Internet or website failures and disruptions, and ISP problems. Incomplete information may result in disqualification of entry.
- Selection of Winners: One potential winner will be selected from all eligible Kik Entries in a random drawing conducted by Sponsor on May 11, 2017 and will be notified via the Kik messenger application. One potential winner will be selected from all eligible Facebook Entries in a random drawing conducted by Sponsor on May 11, 2017, and will be notified via Facebook. The notifications will include Sponsor’s contact information, and the potential winners must contact Sponsor within three (3) days of the prize notification to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the prize. Each potential winner (and, if a potential winner is a minor, the potential winner’s parent or legal guardian) may be required to provide Sponsor with his or her full name, mailing address, telephone number and/or email, and may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. A prize will be forfeited if: (i) the potential winner fails to confirm acceptance of the prize and eligibility within three (3) days of notification, (ii) the potential winner fails to return any required documents within five (5) days of receiving such documents from Sponsor, (iii) the prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable; (iv) Sponsor determines that the potential winner is ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these official rules. If a potential winner forfeits a prize or is deemed ineligible, an alternate winner will be selected by random drawing from all remaining eligible entries. If any alternate winner similarly forfeits the prize, Sponsor will use a reasonable number of attempts, in its discretion, to award the prize to another alternate but if it is unable to do so, the prize will be finally forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further obligation to award the prize. All decisions of Sponsor are final and binding on all entrants. Odds of winning for a Kik Entry depend on the total number of eligible Kik Entries received; odds of winning for a Facebook Entry depend on the total number of Facebook Entries received.
- Prize: Two (2) winners (one selected from the Kik Entries and one selected from the Facebook Entries) will be awarded the grand prize with an approximate prize value of $200. The prize is a Sephora custom makeover (awarded in the form of a $50 Sephora gift card), and an assortment of Sephora Collection products (exact products to be determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion).
Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable, cannot be combined with any other special offer or promotion and must be accepted as awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for replacing a Sephora gift card prize if lost, stolen, mutilated or is otherwise rendered unusable due to any act or omission of prize winner or any party other than Sponsor. Redemption of gift card prizes is subject to the terms and conditions thereof. Prize may not be exchanged for cash value or substituted, except that Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute with either the cash value of a prize, or a prize or prizes of equal or greater value. Prize is provided “AS-IS” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, and sponsor hereby disclaims all such warranties, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Applicable federal, state, or local taxes and any other costs or expenses associated with the prize or the use thereof is the sole responsibility of the winner. The prize will be awarded, and will be delivered to the confirmed winner to a valid U.S. address within 3 weeks of the determination and confirmation of the winner. If an eligible minor is confirmed as a winner, the prize will be awarded in the name of that minor’s parent or legal guardian. Total approximate prize value of all prizes is $400.
- By participating, each entrant (and, if entrant is a minor, entrant’s parent or legal guardian) agrees to comply with these official rules and agrees that Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of entries in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of, the web site or any technical failure or malfunction, or any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or property.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, ANY OTHER SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, KIK INTERACTIVE, INC. OR FACEBOOK BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, ANY PRIZES WON, ENTRANT’S ACCESS TO OR USE OF SPONSOR’S, KIK INTERACTIVE, INC’S OR FACEBOOK’S WEB SITES, APPLICATIONS OR SERVICES, OR THE ACCESSING, DOWNLOADING AND/OR PRINTING OF ANY MATERIAL AVAILABLE ON SAID SITES, APPLICATIONS AND SERVICES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON SPONSOR’S WEB SITES IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY.
- By accepting a prize in this Sweepstakes, each winner (and, if winner is a minor, winner’s parent or legal guardian) grants to Sponsor, where permitted by law, the right to use and publish (worldwide and via the Internet) his/her name, city and state of residence, Entry, portrait, image, picture, voice, likeness and comments for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without notification, review or approval, and without additional consideration.
BY ACCEPTING A PRIZE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EACH WINNER (AND, IF WINNER IS A MINOR, THE WINNER’S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN) AGREES NOT TO SUE OR BRING ANY LAWSUIT OR MAKE ANY CLAIM UNDER ANY THEORY WHATSOEVER AGAINST THE SPONSOR, THE OTHER SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, KIK INTERACTIVE, INC. AND FACEBOOK ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, WINNER’S ENTRY OR ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY. IN ADDITION, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EACH WINNER (AND, IF WINNER IS A MINOR, THE WINNER’S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN) AGREES TO WAIVE, RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ALL OTHER SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, KIK INTERACTIVE, INC. AND FACEBOOK FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, CAUSES OF ACTION AND LIABILITY OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, FOR ANY MATTER, CAUSE OR THING, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOSS, INJURY OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR PROPERTY, OR OTHER HARM OR LOSS OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, COMPENSATORY, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL, CAUSED OR CONTRIBUTED IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, WHILE PREPARING FOR OR PARTICIPATING IN OR OTHERWISE ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, WINNER’S ENTRY OR ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY.
- Sponsor is not responsible for any changes to or unavailability of the Kik messenger application or Facebook platform that may interfere with the Sweepstakes (including any limitations, restrictions or conditions on Sponsor’s ability to use the service in connection with the Sweepstakes). If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned because of circumstances including, but not limited to, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures (including but not limited to website outages or interruptions on the Kik messenger application or the Facebook platform) or any other causes, which, in Sponsor’s sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion and determination of fairness, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and, if possible, to select the winners from entries received prior to such event or interruption. Sponsor may disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or operation of the Sweepstakes or who violates these official rules.
- By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant (and, if entrant is a minor, entrant’s parent or legal guardian) acknowledges he/she has read, understands and will abide by these official rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and/or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without regard to the conflict of laws principles. In the event of any inconsistency between the full version of these official rules and any abbreviated rules, the one most beneficial for entrants shall prevail.
- For a winners list or a copy of these official rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by May 31, 2018, to: “Kik x Sephora Prom Sweepstakes,” Sephora: Social Media Group, 525 Market Street, 32nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105.
- By submitting a Kik Entry, each entrant (and, if entrant is a minor, entrant’s parent or legal guardian) understands and agrees that the entrant’s Kik username may be shared by Kik with the Sponsor. Except as provided in these Official Rules relating to the use of certain winner information, the personal information (if any) collected from each entrant with respect to the Sweepstakes will be used by Sponsor for the purposes of administration of the Sweepstakes.
Re: Kik x Sephora Prom Sweepstakes Official Rules
Re: Kik x Sephora Prom Sweepstakes Official Rules
What is the best way in insuring your prom makeup lasts all night? And whats a good eye look for a sort of hot pink sparkly ball gown dress?