Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Irredeemable birthday offers

It seems like every year, there’s a hurdle to redeeming my annual birthday offer, and it’s starting to feel intentional. In previous years, there haven’t been enough birthday gifts available so they “sold out” quickly. This year, three of the four “available” birthday gifts say they’re available for redemption with online orders, but it’s untrue - all three throw a hard error message when I try adding them to my orders, because the SKUs are not set up for online redemption as stated on the site and app. In short, I keep getting promotional emails for offers I cannot access (even though I meet the stated requirements). This is really tiresome and I’d like to see it fixed 😞

Re: Irredeemable birthday offers

Update: a Sephora rep responded to me privately, although their response isn’t visible here for some reason. In short, online rewards redemption can only happen within two weeks of the Sephora Insider’s birthday, which probably explains my issue. However, that leaves us with some weirdly thoughtless customer experiences:

1) Why does the error message say the SKU isn’t available to add to cart, instead of directing the user to wait until two weeks before or after their birthday?

2) Why doesn’t Sephora wait until the user is eligible to redeem their promotion before sending birthday promo emails?

Hi @astrascientia

Sorry for the confusion. I can confirm the Ilia, Glow Recipe, Ouai, and 250 point birthday gifts are currently in stock on our website. You will only be able to redeem it online with a merchandise order two weeks before your birth date or anytime during your birthday month. If you try redeeming it before this timeframe or without a merchandise order, you will receive an error message. If you're still having trouble, please contact us via phone at 1877-737-4672 or via our live chat prior to submitting your merchandise order so we can make sure it is included.

Additionally, if you are having trouble with any of our promotional offers, you are welcome to contact us via phone or via our live chat so we can make sure it is applied, if it is still in stock.

Thank you!

Regards,

Danee

Correction: four out of the five February birthday gifts are supposed to be available online, but aren’t. Not even the 250 reward points offer works. I have screenshots of the error messages for each.

Since these errors have persisted since January 2nd or earlier, that tells me that either you don’t have proper error logging and controls in place (which would be shocking for a company that transacts as much online business as Sephora), or you’ve made an intentional decision not to set up the SKUs.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing