Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Hmm Curious - Rouge - Make it right

So, I reached Rouge level (first time) back in December and continued to make purchases, thinking the fair and right thing would be that those purchases would go towards topping up my Rouge program for the next round.
Apparently not  - I bought something yesterday and my summary says - Spend $934 to keep your top status. Huh? So those purchases aren't valid? That seems a little greedy on Sephora part if that's the case.
Maybe this is an error - I know that can happen.
So let's make this right and top up my summary and dollars spent.
Thank you

Re: Hmm Curious - Rouge - Make it right

@DiDeeDoe Sorry for the confusion! Your spend total resets each year on Jan 1st. Only purchases made this year will count towards renewing your status for this year. 

Re: Hmm Curious - Rouge - Make it right

This again doesn't seem fair - I just read an article on Fortune that Sephora is losing customers and are trying to win back customers who have left to alternative online beauty sites - this is the first time I hit the Rouge level and I have no problem scaling back down to the VIB and spend 350$ and spread my beauty budget around.
It'll be protest spending I guess you could say.
Thanks for you insight though.
From Fortune

For Sephora, this pressure is particularly urgent. It’s rapidly falling behind its biggest direct competitor, Ulta Beauty Inc., in terms of sales. As recently as 2017, the two chains were neck-and-neck, with both bringing in around $5.9 billion in the U.S. sales,  data from the National Retail Federation show. Just two years later, Ulta ranked in $7.4 billion to Sephora’s $5.9 billion.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing