Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Gift Card SCAM!

UPDATE: this was quickly resolved by the MOD that replied to this message. She made me feel heard and moved quickly to resolve the issue. And she added the credit to my mom’s account which is even better! I wish this had been done by the other departments I had previously spoken to. Thank you for resolving this issue.

My sister’s and I purchased $300 worth of gift cards in-store for my mom for Christmas (2022). Because they can’t put $300 on one card, the amount was split up, $50 on one, $250 on the other. At the end of January (2023) my mom and I went to the same store where the gift cards were purchased to use them. My mom picked out $300 worth of product, got to the counter, and the cashier said the $250 card was never activated. Luckily, I had the electronic receipt on me. I was told they couldn’t do anything in store and to call the number on the back.

I have been back and forth with client services, customer service, and the gift card department. No one seems to be able to do anything even with an emailed and physical receipt. Upon further inspection, I was told the number on the back of my card doesn’t match the number on the receipt and to go to the store to resolve it. Went to the store and they said no physical location is able to reissue gift cards or reimburse for inactive, paid for cards. That they don’t understand why client services continuously send customers to store when they are very limited in what they can do. 

Obviously, when I purchase the $250 card,

the activated card was swiped for an inactive one. No one is taking responsibility or is apologetic. $250 is a lot of money and some how no one is able to do anything. I have proof of purchase, purchased directly from the store, and yet they can’t credit my account or issue another card. I was even told that a specific team I was talking to didn’t have access to a phone and that’s why they could call me (huh?). I am so disappointed and pissed off with the customer service I have received. This has been going on for two weeks now. 

Find another way or some other place to buy your makeup! Sephora will never help you and there seems to be some sort of inside scam going on that Sephora has not addressed.

Re: Gift Card SCAM!

@SulliSullivan I'm sorry to hear about this experience! I will send you a PM for more information. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing