Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Expired Points =(

I was just about to make a purchase, and noticed that the 5,000+ points I've saved up have all expired. This is extremely disappointing, as the pandemic has made spending money very difficult. Such a sad day! 

I also made a purchase from Sephora but through JCPenney in June of 2021 that I can email the receipt. I have not purchased a lot but I have made purchases in the last year. 

Is it possible to get them reinstated?  Please help! Thanks in Advance!

Tags:

Re: Expired Points =(

Hi

Same thing happened to me. I went to buy a xmas gift and checked my points at check-out and was told my points were gone after all these years. I told them if they forgot we were in a pandemic? That's like the airlines taking all my miles away because I didn't fly during a pandemic. Dissapointment is an understatement. SMH

Hi @Linzane,

I am sorry for any confusion and I will send you a private message with more information. 

Best Wishes,

Janean

I have been trying to escalate this email but I keep getting back undeliverables (Sephora corporate):

Hello, I am writing to you because of a negative Sephora experience. 

Your customer service team is not able to resolve as they do not have the authority.

I spoke with 'Dawn' today at approx 5pET after placing an online order and not seeing my points. I provided Dawn my email address, the same one I use to login into Sephora. She saw 46 points. I have an old email address that was changed quite some time back, at the Sephora Whitehall, Pa location. Apparently all emails were going to that location. I did not see any emails related to points expiring.

I find it disheartening that Sephora would expire points during the pandemic. I am 63, have been a long time Sephora customer and for 2 years have had little need for products. 

I had 2765 points saved. Dawn agreed that with the incorrect email address being used by Sephora and the pandemic in general, it would be fair to reinstate the points. She reached out and was told it could not be offered.

Honestly, I get it. But with so much that is not right in our world, I was hoping for an act of simple kindness from Sephora. 

I ALWAYS had good things to say about this company but this leaves a sour taste. 

It is a small thing and I can certainly live without those points, but there needs to be exceptions sometimes. 

It appears unethical that you would not freeze points during the pandemic. 

Hi @Sharobh,

I will send you a private message,

Best Wishes,

Janean

Hi @Lissy1281,

Points will expire if your account has been inactive for 12 consecutive months or more. You can keep your account active by making a purchase or redeeming a reward  or the birthday gift. I'll look into this then send you a PM.

Regards,
Danee

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing