Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Exchanges

Hello, Sephora policy states that I can exchange my online purchases to any Sephora store to exchange. I typically like to go to the JcPenney Sephora in my town. Friday, I went in to exchange some items that didn't work for me and the manager turned me away and told me to go to the big store. She stated that since they don't sell the items there, they can't put them back on the floor and have to "damage" them but that the big Sephora can take them and are able to put them back on the floor if they're untouched. So my question is, why state in your policy that I can return/exchange at any location if I can't?!
Anonymous Insider

RE: Exchanges

Does Sephora allow you to return makeup and skincare products if they don't work for you? I.e....open and partially used the products? I am very NEW to shopping at Sephora, I have always shopped at Ulta.

Yes they do. I think it’s as long as there is still at least 70% of product left ( I could be wrong on the amount). I’ve been able to exchange/get store credit for items I purchased a year ago. Even without receipt. As long as it’s on your Beauty insider they should be able to look it up.

Re: Exchanges

Hi QueenBee6107,

Online orders can be returned to any of our Sephora stores, including our SiJCP locations, and I'm sorry for the misinformation you were provided! I'm going to send you a PM to gather a bit more information.

Always,
Danee

That's not how that works. She should have returned it for you. Most of the time they damage out things anyways at the big ones so it really wouldn't have mattered. I just don't think she wanted the return to show up on her stores numbers and ruin her days goal.
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing