Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Don't expect Sephora to honor their return policy

I go today to return something from an online order.  Tomorrow would be 30 days since I received it.  The girl tells me that I can only receive a store merchandise card for it because it has been more than 30 days.  I tell her that it has not been more than 30 days since I received it.  She said that didn't matter, it is 30 days since you place the order.  So since Sephora took more than 10 days just to ship my item out to me, and then I got it 15 days after I placed the order, that's too bad.  I told the girl that I has previously spoken with customer service online and that they said the 30 days starts after I receive the item.  Didn't matter to her.  I then asked her if I could just have it back on a regular gift card that I could use online, because the store is really small and doesn't carry the things I like in it.  She said no, it has to be store only even though it was an online order.  Sephora always has the worst customer service.  This is the final straw.  I will no longer buy from Sephora, and I was a Rouge level, so my minimum of $1000 a year will now be going somewhere else.

Re: Don't expect Sephora to honor their return policy

@arickroxy I'm sorry for the confusion. In order to receive a refund, your item would need to returned within 30 days of purchase. You can view our full return policy here> https://www.sephora.com/beauty/returns-exchanges

To penalize customers for Sephora's delayed shipping (I even got an email stating the shipping was being delayed) and having that count as time against the customer is ridiculous (especially 15  days).  I also have the chat transcript with a customer service agent stating that the 30 days does not begin until I receive my package.  However, all that being said, I would have been ok with a gift card that I can use online.  I am not ok with being told that I could only have in-store credit. 

And according to the policy that you posted, it states, "If Sephora receives your new or gently used item within 31 to 60 days of purchase, the purchase price will be refunded to:  An online store credit that can be used at Sephora.com but is not valid for use in Sephora stores."  It also states, "Sephora.com purchases can be easily returned for FREE (no return shipping or handling fees) to any of our Sephora locations for fast processing." 

So, why was I told that I could only receive in-store credit for my return?

@arickroxy It looks like you are viewing the section pertaining to returns mailed back to us. Our stores are only able to issue store merchandise credit. I will send you a PM for further assistance. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing