Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Did not receive sample selected

I received my sephora order today and did not receive the sample I selected, nor was it a sample within the same beauty category (fragrance vs. Skincare). I am disappointed as there was no mention of a substitution and the order history in the app indicates that the sample i selected was delivered (which is not true). After googling and searching through the app, there are many complaints over the past few years regarding people either not receiving their samples or the samples being substituted without their knowledge.

I order from sephora frequently and feel disappointed in the lack of communication and documentation regarding substitutions. I understand these are free samples, but why provide customers with a choice if that choice will not be respected? There are many other beauty outlets that respect and go above and beyond for beauty samples (shoppers for example). Ever since sephora stopped offering samples in stores due to the pandemic, many people expect their sample requests online to be respected since they no longer have the same selection they used to. At the very least, some communication would be appreciated.

Re: Did not receive sample selected

@Vivice I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive the sample you selected. We do have to make substitutions if the sample you select is unavailable in the distribution center that is processing your order. I understand this can be a disappointing experience and I will share this feedback with the appropriate department for future improvements. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing