Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|
Anonymous Insider

Brand New Sephora Giftcard — Zero Balance.

Received a Sephora giftcard for christmas today, I would guess the balance should be around $50 or so. Tried to check the balance on my account page and it said $0... a quick search and this seems to be a common problem, happening to many people within the past few months. What's going on and how do I fix it? Honestly feel totally ripped off. Its 100% a brand new unused giftcard. Sounds like sephora is being defrauded  — and its us as customers who are paying out!

Tags:
Anonymous Insider

Re: Brand New Sephora Giftcard — Zero Balance.

Here's an update: spoke on the phone yesterday with first gift card services, then customer service. I was first told by the gift card person that my card had been used 3 weeks ago (impossible, it was wrapped up in a card, besides the fact that it is a GLOBAL PANDEMIC and sephora in my region is CLOSED). The customer service person proceeded to tell me that the system was down and that I should call back today. Well then I got a PM on here from customer service, so I sent them my situation. This morning they got back to me to say "Sorry, nothing we can do, not our fault" and told me to contact the Federal Trade Commission. Are you kidding me? How's that for custoemr service. The best part is that this forum is LITTERED with people in the same situation. So let me get this straight... hundreds of people are having their giftcards stolen (a clear sign of data-breach/defrauding on Sephora's end).... Sephora customer service is AWARE OF THIS..... and they continue to sell gift cards? Who would have thought! Thanks for nothing! Never shopping with Sephora again, seriously.

Re: Brand New Sephora Giftcard — Zero Balance.

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm sorry to hear that! I will send you a PM to further assist.

Always,
Danee

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing