Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Beauty Insider Updates + Beta FAQs

UPDATE 1/25/2020: Thank you for sharing your feedback. The functionality has been fixed to opt into the Beta. Please continue to share your feedback with your experience by commenting below or by emailing beautyinsidercash@sephora.com.

UPDATE 1/24/2020: Thank you for sharing your feedback. We also know that the functionality isn't working for everyone. Due to the overwhelming response, we’re actively working to get the site back up and we recommend checking back Saturday, 1/25, in the afternoon.

How will the Beauty Insider program be evolving? What can we expect to see?

We will continue to evolve the Beauty Insider program throughout 2020 to bring members more access to savings, more sampling choices than ever and new, unique experiences that can’t be found anywhere else. Stay tuned for more updates in the months ahead!

What will be included in the new savings offering?

We will continue to offer all Beauty Insiders premier access to more opportunities for savings. Members will be able to take advantage of new types of savings events, including points multiplier events and new shipping deals. More details about savings benefits will be shared in the coming months, so be sure to check your emails and the Beauty Insider Community regularly.

What are the new experiences you are offering to members? Sephora has always offered premier beauty experiences to our BI members, and in 2020, we will go beyond beauty to offer our clients access to wellness and lifestyle events as well. On top of the tiered choices and never-expiring points that all members will continue to benefit from, we are excited to offer early access to new brand launches, as well as a range of new premium reward experiences, where clients can use their points to gain exclusive access to the most coveted beauty events and experiences.

What will more access to sampling look like in the new Beauty Insider program?

We will bring Beauty Insiders exclusive access to even more sample choices, trial sets, and birthday gifts so they can try more products from the brands they love. We will be sharing more details throughout 2020, so stay tuned for more updates!

Which program benefits are going away as part of these changes?

We are always looking for ways to improve and enhance the client experience. In order to implement some of the program updates, we’ve retired the choice of a tier celebration gift and unlimited custom makeovers for Rouge.

What’s evolving and new in the BI program?

We are always looking for ways to improve and enhance our client experience and bring the best to our most loyal beauty enthusiasts. Clients’ needs and preferences are always changing and we want to ensure the Sephora experience and Beauty Insider program evolves with them.

Can you share more details about the Beauty Insider Cash Beta test?  

We are testing an idea that would allow members to apply points to their purchase for an amount off. The beta test is a limited trial online and at select stores in the U.S. and Canada until 2/28/2020. At Sephora we are always looking to evolve our loyalty experience and look forward to hearing from our clients.

How many times per purchase can I use Beauty Insider Cash offerings during the Beta test?

Participating Beauty Insider Beta members can apply the test offer once per transaction. Your transaction must be $10 USD/CAD or more before tax, shipping and handling to use Beauty Insider Cash.

How does the Beta test work? Is there a difference between online and in store?

We have selected nine stores in the U.S. and eight stores in Canada to participate in the cash Beta test.  For our online Beta test, we invited Rouge members via email to participate on a first-come, first-served basis.  Please see below for the stores that are participating.

U.S.

(Limited to participating stores in the Bay Area, California)

Sephora Corte Madera Town Center

Sephora Daly City

Sephora Embarcadero

Sephora Laurel Village

Sephora San Francisco Centre

Sephora Santa Rosa Plaza

Sephora Stonestown Galleria

Sephora Union Street

Sephora Vintage Oaks Shopping Center 

Canada

(Limited to participating stores in Montreal, Quebec and Vancouver, British Columbia)

Sephora Coquitlam

Sephora Guildford

Sephora High Street

Sephora Metropolis

Sephora Park Royal

Sephora Richmond

Sephora Robson

Sephora Ste Catherine

Who can participate in the online Beta test?

We invited our Rouge members to be part of the test on a first-come, first-served basis.  The sign-up period will close on 1/29/2020, or as soon as all spots are full.

I opted in to the Beta test. If I don’t use my points for $10 off before the end of the pilot, will I lose them?

No. The Beta test is an opportunity to try out a new offer, but you will not lose points if you ultimately decide not to participate in the test before 2/28/2020.

How do I give my feedback about my experience/benefit?

We will be sending a survey to anyone who applied the offer in the Beta test. To share feedback outside of the survey, members can email us at beautyinsidercash@sephora.com or comment on this thread.

I was invited to take part in the online Beta test, but it’s closed. How can I join? 

Unfortunately, our online Beta test is limited to a certain number of participants. A closed page means we have a full list of participants. You can still share your thoughts on the Beta test with us at beautyinsidercash@sephora.com or by leaving a comment on this thread.

I am Rouge—why didn’t I get an invite to the online Beta test?

The invitation was sent to Rouge members who signed up to receive emails from Sephora and acquired their status by 1/15/2020.

Does this Beta test mean Rouge Reward is going away?

Not to worry, Rouge Reward is not going away and will not be affected by this test. With your help, we want to test a new experience offering instant savings.

Are there any exclusions when I redeem my 500 Beauty Insider points for $10 off?

Yes, please see restrictions here: Benefit cannot be applied to gift card purchases, in-store services, previous purchases, gift wrapping, packaging, taxes, or shipping & handling charges. Return of discounted merchandise will be for the price actually paid after the $10 benefit, neither the 500 BI points deducted from your BI account or the $10 benefit will be refunded. Exchanges of the same item will be credited for the full transaction value including the $10 benefit. Sephora is not responsible for damaged, lost, or stolen offer materials. Offer has no cash value without a purchase and may not be altered, sold, bartered or transferred. Rouge status must be attained prior to participation in the pilot, by 1/15/2020. Minimum qualifying merchandise purchase of $10 (before tax, shipping and handling) is required to redeem 500 BI points for $10 off and benefit may only be used once per transaction. Due to heavy demand, Sephora FLASH delivery times cannot be guaranteed for orders using this benefit. Not valid on orders shipping outside the U.S. or Canada. Cannot be used in conjunction with other offers or rewards. Sephora may modify or cancel the pilot at any time for any or no reason. Sephora may exclude a Rouge member from the pilot for any abuse of the pilot or violation of the pilot rules.

Re: Beauty Insider Updates + Beta FAQs

I agree with many people below that trading 500 points for $10 off is weak. I was CONSTANTLY irritated that despite constantly keeping an eye out for those special points perks where you could trade for something like a $100 giftcard I was NEVER able to snag one. I haven't seen a 100-500 point perk I've even been remotely interested in within the last 2 years (hence my accumulation (however modest) of points). 

But let's say that Sephora decides to stick with the 500 points for $10 off, fine, whatever. I guess I can live with that. What is even more ridiculous is that right now you can only apply one $10 off redemption to an order. So now I'm having to be so wasteful and place 3 different orders, each with a single item, in order for this to be worth it.

Can you sign up for this but elect not to participate in the 500 points/$10 thing?

@Harobedb 

Yup, you can do that (or, well, you could...looks like signup is closed now). From the FAQ:

I opted in to the Beta test. If I don’t use my points for $10 off before the end of the pilot, will I lose them?

No. The Beta test is an opportunity to try out a new offer, but you will not lose points if you ultimately decide not to participate in the test before 2/28/2020.

Sephora, go home, you're drunk! 🙄

Why would anyone trade 500 points for $10 when in the past we have been able to trade 2500 points for $100? Does Sephora think we can't do simple math and see that our $ per point value is being slashed in half? I don't know how Sephora doesn't understand that all we want is to be able to spend our points as money in store whenever we want instead of having to login at the correct time to get what is essentially a $100 off a $100 or more coupon that sells out in 3 seconds. All we want is to have our patronage to your store be valued and instead we just keep having our benefits cut every year. Sephora - your best customers are being so clear with you about what we want and you just can't seem to deliver.

RE: Beauty Insider Updates + Beta FAQs

Who came up with the bright idea of rewarding Rouge members with a $10 coupon for every $500 spent, while also “retiring” reward programs that customers actually value. Every year Sephora seems to find a new way to alienate customers. I spent less at Sephora than I did last year, for this very reason, and I anticipate that trend continuing. Thanks, but no - I have zero interest in participating in your Beta program.

Are you kidding me??  500 points for $10??  Was someone taking edibles the day they came up with this???  Guess I'll go back to Ulta where I feel valued.

In reviewing many of the comments below, i find myself in agreement that as a customer of Sephora, I feel less than valued. I have been a long time member of Rouge but rarely (if not ever) have an opportunity to exchange my points for gifts cards. 500 points for $10 seems a bit ridiculous.  At our local Boise store, there are NEVER options for the 500 point gift as they sell those out immediately (same day as arrived) within the store.  I have often complained about this and it was recommended i contact the company directly which i have done.  The live chat button often is not available as well when i have attempted to contact someone this way.  I have personally always loved the products at Sephora but feel like the direction you are taking is specific to the hard and fast dollar.  For those of us who are life long shoppers, it is disappointing to see what is being implemented or tested in the future. As others have shared, Ulta is creating opportunities  to sway shoppers to their store vs. Sephora as well as on-line shopping.  I can only hope that Sephora is listening to  their customers and determining what is best not only for the hard and fast dollar but also those of having a good customer service program that meets the needs of the customer and not those for whom i am lining their pockets with cash.

artsculture2-1-2103d40c0bc36f29.jpgLaughable!!Laughable!!

Makeovers are going away? That's the only benefit I used and I always ended up spending at least $100 I hadn't planned on when I was in the store. Now I know why I couldn't find it when I was looking to get my makeup done for a wedding this weekend. This is ridiculous. Nevermind that I could never spend my points on the ridiculously limited rewards, this is the last straw. Sephora can have my 17k points and my Rouge status, I'm going to shop somewhere else. 

RE: Re: Beauty Insider Updates + Beta FAQs

Try Nordstrom’s Nordy Club.

I’ve been Rouge for as long as the program level has been available and no, I’m not a professional makeup artist purchasing my supplies from Sephora... my points earned are all from products I purchase for personal use or to give as gifts. There’s a reason why so many of us accrue points that remain unused on “rewards”... the rewards instore generally suck and the rewards in the online bazaar are super limited in supply so that they rapidly become unavailable. If Rouge members like me are valued at all by Sephora then having the $100 gift card in exchange for mega points redemption is something that they should make available all the time. The only way anyone could possibly make enough points for the high end rewards at this time is if they are operating as a professional makeup artist and buying all their supplies at Sephora. Maybe Sephora needs to create a separate program for those professionals to participate in so that the rest of us could have some great rewards that would be reasonably attainable by more of us. The twice yearly discounts on merchandise are great and mainly the only reason I continue to purchase at the Rouge level at Sephora. The rewards for points are just not that great and the $10/500 points is just laughable.

"Is this Sephora Beauty Insider Cash plan not the craziest ever?!? Just when you thought Sephora couldn't get more out of touch with customer expectations and competitor benefits, Sephora comes up with this doozy?!!? The combination of the [crappy cheap] conversion rate on earned points and the manic, cutesy, chirpy, cheery little Sephora emails offering super special "early access" in their "space is limited" awesomely awesome test program has me smdh. Whew, Sephora. What up?"

Four "Hell Yeah!" Enthusiastic Thumbs Up for Your Great Comment, @AnonymousH. You nailed it. Sephora's marketing team sucks.

Is this plan not the craziest ever?!? Just when you thought they couldn't get more out of touch with customer expectations and competitor benefits, Sephora comes up with this doozy?!!? The combination of the conversion rate on earned points, and the manic, cutesy, chirpy, cheery little emails offering super special "early access" in their "space is limited" awesomely awesome test program has me smdh. Whew, Sephora. What up?

I don’t spend a TON at Sephora, I usually get skincare and some gifts for my friends but I strive to get rouge every year so I can have the benefits. 

With the way things have been going I’m seriously debating just starting to get my La Mer directly from La Mer and get my friends gifts from Ulta(or give them cash so they can buy from wherever they want) 

I don’t even get excited about samples anymore, I’ve learned that I’ll NEVER get what I was selecting unless it’s a “spend $X to get a sample of something” and as someone who doesn’t wear makeup but has a skincare obsession it’s REALLY annoying. 

When the shipping for Rouge members went away it was annoying but this is a JOKE. 

I totally agree with other commenters that 500 points for $10 off is SHAMEFUL!  I was able to redeem 2,500 points exactly ONCE to get $100 off.  I check frequently and never see that anymore.  Occasionally I see the $25 rewards but those aren't nearly as good of a point benefit as the $100 ones but way better than this newest offer.  It really does seem that Sephora now offers less and less value to it's most loyal customers.  Just sad, Sephora, sad.

yeah this offer is an insult,  Sephora's rewards already suck.  I'm a super loyal customer they might as well just burn my money in front of me and laugh.  That would be less of an insult than offering me next to nothing.  

Upon receiving the email and reading the FAQ, I feel even less "valued" as a customer with Sephora. There has nothing but deducting benefits lately. Rouge members spend too much for $10 w/ 500 points. 

side note: Rumor has it that THERE WILL NOT BE ANYMORE COMPLIMENTARY CUSTOM MAKEOVERS for ROUGE members, instead it will be $$$ services only (watch for it!). 

Sephora, if you ask for feedback, listen to your consumers. We speak volumes. 

@princessmo 

Rouge Makeovers going away isn't a rumor...it's spelled out right above in the FAQ. 

"In order to implement some of the program updates, we’ve retired the choice of a tier celebration gift and unlimited custom makeovers for Rouge."

LOLOLOLOLOL. D*mn, Sephora. Sephora Rouge 2020 Sucks.

191 Replies
testing