cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Account hacked

WARNING ......

Someone just tried to place 2 large orders through my Sephora account online ... they had added this info into the Ship to area:

Luckily I was on the computer, saw the confirmation e-mails, logged in separately (not through the e-mail) to my account and saw the orders. Called in and ancelled them both, removed my credit card information, had them log me out of all units, and reset my password.....

Re: Account hacked

Seems like Sephora is being breached and doing nothing about it, i see so many complaints right now of being hacked. I wonder why this isn't in the news yet. Since i've commented on a different post, i'll make a long story short, but the same thing happened to us, when we noticed they refunded but now they've charged back. looking in our history, we noticed several other times, something we didn't order, was cancelled. that we never knew about. the current charge is in dispute with the bank, but i think there is a serious problem here. 

Hi @dpierce77,

Website security is something that we take very seriously here at Sephora. Please feel free to send me or any other Mod a private message if you need assistance with anything. Thank you.

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

Anonymous Insider

I am not a Sephora customer, (I had to register on their site today to post this).  Last night a fraudulent charge appeared on my bank account for over $1,1100.00 . The statement notes the store location and the date of sale, but apparently Sephora cannot research this for me. I have to wait for my financial institution to investigate. Unfortunately they are a small credit union and have been told it can take up to ten days for them to credit my account, providing "They find in my favor".  Big banks will credit the money with the understanding it is temporary pending their investigation.

@caramello1wrote:

WARNING ......

Someone just tried to place 2 large orders through my Sephora account online ... they had added this info into the Ship to area:

Luckily I was on the computer, saw the confirmation e-mails, logged in separately (not through the e-mail) to my account and saw the orders. Called in and ancelled them both, removed my credit card information, had them log me out of all units, and reset my password.....

Hi @Anonymous, 

Sorry to hear that your credit card was fraudulently used in one of our stores! So if you had a Sephora Beauty Insider account prior to this then it would make sense to investigate further to ensure that your information was not compromised. Since your Beauty Insider account was just created for this post and the fraudulent charge was in store then it was a good call contacting your bank! Any fraud charge on your credit card typically has to be handled with your bank since this could happen on your card at any retailer or establishment by a fraudster. However, if you notice any orders placed on your account that are not yours or if you notice anything off in the future definitely let us know right away so we can research it fully for you. I'll send you a private message with additional information. 

Best, 

Mali

Just happened to me this morning!  $307 worth of lipsticks!  This can't be a fluke?  There has to be a breach that so many of us have had this happen recently?  Was able to get it rectified quickly through Sephora cancelling the order but something seems strange.....  Had to cancel my debit card which is a royal p.i.t.a 

Happened to me too, just now!   $586 worth of Burberry lipgloss!!   It's 4th of July, so I can't call Sephora because they're closed.   I'm in NM and scammer is shipping to CA. The selected method of payment was Paypal and because that's linked to my credit card and bank account, I had to call my bank to report this as fraud and they canceled the card.  I already removed all payment information from Sephora and Paypal and changed my passwords.   I guess I'll have to wait til the morning to call both Sephora and Paypal to report this as fraud.  I hope they can cancel before I get charged.  After reading these posts, it seems that this has been happening quite frequently lately and to me, that's enough to close my account online with Sephora.   If I want to buy something from them in the future, it'll be at the brick and mortar store.

@samaga,

I'm so sorry to hear this! I'll send you a private message in just a moment.

Best regards,

Laurie

@samaga Did you also change your Sephora password? I woul...

@samaga Did you also change your Sephora password? I would strongly suggest calling 1-877-Sephora as soon as they open. I'm very sorry this happened to you.

My account also has a weird transaction, $340.86, which i didn’t purchase. I am in a vacation right now and got thousands of phishing emails yesterday 5/7/2018 around 2pm hawaii time. I checked mybank account immedeately and saw that transaction. I called my bank, cancelled my card and now i can’t use my card in the middle of my vacation! I called the customer service but it was after the business hours since pacific time is 3 hours ahead. 

My bank says they might not be able to refund the money since i made many payments before with that card to sephora, so their team might seem that sketchy!

Can somebody help me please. I am stucked and my vacation is so closed to be ruined!

Hi @hzlo,

I'm so sorry to hear about this! In reviewing your account, it appears that one of our representatives has already assisted you with this. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please send me a private message. For immediate assistance, I recommend contacting us via phone at 1-877-737-4672. I understand this has been a frustrating experience and I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused!

Always,

Danee

My account was hacked this morning 4/25. My husband checked his bank account and saw 2 charges $500+ in total. We called and canceled our card, which is a huge inconvenience to us. Sephora did rectify the issue quickly. I did have to call twice because the email on my account wasn't put back to mine the first time. They canceled the orders, they removed all cards and sent me a password reset. I have the email and address of the hacker so I will be reporting it. It is a shame, now I will not be using my online account and I will no longer subscribe to my Sephora play. It is not worth it to me. I feel like my account is not secure. 

This just happened to me early this morning.  My email inbox had 400 unread emails and I notice my credit card had alerted me to over the limit spending on my sephora account.  I called the credit card company and had them flag this as fraud and called sephora to make them aware.  The rep told me it was good that I called when I did because if it was 5 minutes later they would not have been able to do anything about the 3 purchases and I would have been responsible for them.  Not acceptable and now I worry about making any further purchases at Sephora.  Who else should this be reported to?  I'm checking all of my other accounts and emails and thankfully this seems to be the only issue so far. 

@stephmahanwrote:

My account was hacked this morning 4/25. My husband checked his bank account and saw 2 charges $500+ in total. We called and canceled our card, which is a huge inconvenience to us. Sephora did rectify the issue quickly. I did have to call twice because the email on my account wasn't put back to mine the first time. They canceled the orders, they removed all cards and sent me a password reset. I have the email and address of the hacker so I will be reporting it. It is a shame, now I will not be using my online account and I will no longer subscribe to my Sephora play. It is not worth it to me. I feel like my account is not secure. 

Hi @stephmahan,

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you for letting us know that a Customer Service Agent was able to rectify the issue for you. We know that our clients trust us to protect their personal information and we take that very seriously here at Sephora. Please feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions or if you need assistance with anything. Thank you. 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel

The same happened to me. I was basically robbed! Charged for merchandise I neither ordered or received. No help from customer service. I even alerted them before the item was processed and I was still charged. 

Hi @flproctor1966

I'm really sorry to hear about this. I can see that another mod is currently assisting you in regards to this experience!

Bisous, 

Sian

Account hacked

ummm @Aaliaa...........am I being paranoid?

My PM's aren't working. No, I would double check with @RaquelBT and @KatieBT to make sure there isn't any foul play. Can you please let me know too please if you here back. @GG84

I'm also changing my password etc just incase. 

Hi @Aaliaa,

I'm sorry to hear you're unable to access your PM's! This happened to me too. It worked when I cleared my cache and cookies on my browser history. After that, I logged out of my account and signed in when I was on the Community Home Page instead of Sephora's Home Page. I hope this information helps!

@GG84 - If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a private message. Thank you! 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel

Thanks @RaquelBT. It hasn't helped yet, but normally it just figures itself out after a few hours.

@Aaliaa I PM'd @katieBT but havent heard back yet, I'm going to change my password also.

Conversation Stats
testing