cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Account hacked

WARNING ......

Someone just tried to place 2 large orders through my Sephora account online ... they had added this info into the Ship to area:

Luckily I was on the computer, saw the confirmation e-mails, logged in separately (not through the e-mail) to my account and saw the orders. Called in and ancelled them both, removed my credit card information, had them log me out of all units, and reset my password.....

Anonymous Insider

Re: Account hacked

My account just got hacked too.  Someone placed an order of perfume of $253 shipped to Tukwila, WA 98178, and billed to Pottstown, PA 19464.  I wonder is Sephora's system weak?  Or some kind of leak happened?

Hi @Anonymous,

I am so sorry about this. I'll be sending you a private message shortly in regards to this.

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

Account hacked

This just happened to me. I woke up on the East coast and received an email from Sephora confirming of my large order of 3 perfumes totaling in over $600! They used my credit card on file, my billing info but shipped it to North Las Vegas! Contacted Customer service and was told same thing: canceling the order and refunding money, resetting the VIB password and THAT'S IT! No compensation!!! My whole basic info is out there now and Sephora won't even provide me with phone number or email adress to the supposed "Fraud Dept". How is that possible? How are we, the customers can be assured that our accounts will be protected in the future when we can't even speak with their "Fraud Dept"?!!! This is a DISGRACE! I will probably ditch Sephora and go to other beauty stores for the future shopping. Oh and I will make sure to mention this to all my friends and everyone on social media!

Hi @Uzgirl,

I'm very sorry about this and we take the task of protecting personal information seriously. I'll be sending you a private message shortly to assist.

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

Anonymous Insider

My account was hacked today as well. Was able to get the order canceled  and changed my credit card number. Still VERY concerned that the hacker got my name, address, phone # and email address. Received a million email messages that I had subscribed to other sites. really freaking out that my identity is stolen short of DOB and SSN. Sephora's response was disappointing - sent me a bunch of forms and refused to take any responsibility.

Hi @Anonymous,

I sincerely apologize about this. We take security very seriously here at Sephora. I'll be sending you a PM shortly in regards to this. 🙂 

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel

Anonymous Insider

What you sent me was done already the moment I realized the account was hacked.  The credit card was closed as well. What I am expecting to hear is how Sephora takes steps to safeguard my personal info and responsibility when it fails to do so. The hackers have my full name, address, phone #, email address, etc. I already received hundreds of emails that "I" signed up for all kinds of newsletters and promotions.

Hi @Anonymous,

I want to ensure you, we use industry-standard authentication to guarantee the confidentiality of online transactions made on our site. Our authentication and encryption of the sensitive information that you send to us over the Internet helps protect your online transaction information from third party interception. Please keep in mind that there is always a risk when online shopping. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to private message me. 

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel

Anonymous Insider

Hi, This just happened to me.  Sephora delivered the orders I complained about.  They kept telling me I could "return" them!

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm sorry to hear this. I'll be sending you a PM to gather more information so I can best assist. 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel

@caramello1 + @lizzinyc

Due to the urgency of this, please give us a call for immediate assistance if this still has not been resolved. 

Our Beauty Advisors are available by calling, 1-877-SEPHORA (1-877-737-4672), Monday – Friday 5am PT to 9pm PT and Saturday & Sunday 6am PT to 9pm PT.

-Mali

I had the same thing happen to me on 1/2/2018. They didn't change the email or password. They just purchased two bottles of perfume and was sent to :

RE: Re: Account hacked

My account was also hacked. They bought only one item, but used all my insider points over 3,000 points. I called customer service and had the order cancelled, alerted my bank, change my passwords and removed all essential info from my account. 😖

Re: RE: Re: Account hacked

Hi @BellaLiberte,

I'm so sorry to hear this, and I'm glad to hear that you received assistance. If any additional assistance is needed, please send me a private message with details.

Best regards,

Laurie

This recently happened to me. I do not know how they got into my account but they placed two orders totalling almost 600$ I was notified right away through Sephora email confirmation and called right away and had the charges cancelled and they removed my payment information off the account and reset everything so the person wouldn’t be able to get back in. I live in Canada and the person was shipping items to doval Florida and I think that the persons name and place is fake. The address is a shipping company that has been known as a fraudulent place. Sephora acted extremely quick on my behalf I’m just happy I got the notification right away

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
testing