cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|
Anonymous Insider

Account hacked

On October 26th I received an email that the email on my beauty insider account had been changed. I ignored this email until I went to an item that was out of stock and clicked the “notify when in stock” option and saw that the email on the account was actually changed. On November 2nd I changed my email back (I guess the password remained the same) and on the morning of November 3rd I awoke to an email that the email on my account had been changed again. I looked at my activity report and saw that this person had changed my beauty insider card number to a new one and redeemed my VIB kit in California (I am from Toronto). I called customer service and they said most likely the Sephora employee in the store accidentally pulled up my account as we have the same first and last night as well as birthday (not the same year though). I am absolutely baffled at the level of incompetence this mistake was. As of right now, I have spoken to 3 representatives, received a new beauty insider card (they said my old one could not be changed back to my account) yet I still have not been able to get back my account. The person has changed my photo, phone number, and added their middle name to the account. In addition, they have access to my 930 points. I have screenshots of me and this person going back and forth changing the emails for 8 hours (total of approximately 15 times). I did create a new account and my points have been switched over but on the Sephora App I can still see my old account however I cannot change any information. 7 hours ago the last representative I spoke to transferred my points. 30 minutes ago I saw that this individual got back MY 930 points that I earned with MY money. This person also has my address from my previous order history which I am FURIOUS about. How is it that after this many phone calls this problem still hasn’t been resolved?

Re: Account hacked

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm so sorry to hear this! I completely understand you frustration and I will gladly look into this further for you. Additionally, I would like to forward this information to the appropriate department for review. I'll take a few minutes to review your account and will send you a private message with more information shortly.

- Laurie

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing