cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|
Anonymous Insider

HELP! I have lost my curl pattern!

I used to have tight coils and then I started flat ironing my hair. I have now lost my tight coils. They look more like loose waves. What can I do to get them back?!

RE: HELP! I have lost my curl pattern!

You can always do a hair mask. I have really tight curls and often I do the hair mask and twists and sleep on it. Then I wash my hair the next morning. That gets my curl pattern on point

RE: HELP! I have lost my curl pattern!

I'm not sure you can get your curls back. You'll have to trim as much as you can and start over with growing it out. That happened to me and I cut a bunch, got braids and started over. You have to use a lot of heat protectant when you flat iron and/or rarely use heat on your hair.
Anonymous Insider

Re: HELP! I have lost my curl pattern!

Regular trims help with your curls to spring back to life. I had this problem too after I straightened my hair too much. I only cut about 1-2 inches off the ends of my hair and I could instantly tell my curls were starting to come back. If you do decide to trim, trim it while it's dry as opposed to when it's wet so you don't suffer from too much shrinkage.

regular trims will help bring life back into your hair bu...

regular trims will help bring life back into your hair but I have been going through the same thing as u and I stumbled upon finger coiling. It's basically re training your curls to go back to their natural curl pattern and it's amazing! it has sped up my healing process so much! It takes alot of practice to get it down but it works.

Re: HELP! I have lost my curl pattern!

You could try an apple cider vinegar rinse and then deep conditioning. 

Anonymous Insider

I completely forgot about the apple cider vinegar! Thank...

I completely forgot about the apple cider vinegar! Thank you.💖
6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
testing