Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Red Hair Experiences

I'm seriously considering dying my hair red or dark blue. But I have a curl/wave in my hair and I'm worried about frizz once I damage it. 

Anyone have tips on dying hair with less damage? Or any products or techniques to help?

Re: Red Hair Experiences

I have really fine, curly hair and I've been dying it purple or silver for a while now and my hair isn't any frizzed. First piece of advice is to Check out Olaplex. It's got great products to add during the actual dying phase and then use Olaplex No. 3 at least once a week as an over night mask. That will help rebuild the bonds in the hair. I personally use Ouidad's Argan oil shampoo and the Brazilian blowout conditioning masque as my conditioner but I think anything that's worked well for you, is moisturing, and color safe would work. Three random things to keep in mind is 1) darker colors will stay in the hair longer but will fade down to pastel faster than you'd think; 2) reds and pinks usually last in the hair longer than purple or blues; 3) if you go with blue or purple you'll need to use a purplish mask at least every other week to keep it from yellowing. One other random tip is that if you dye your hair a single color, you can get a little travel bottle and mix some dye in with your conditioner and that way you'll be putting a little color back in each time you wash it. 

Good luck!

Re: Red Hair Experiences

i started doing my hair blue a couple years ago.  my amazing stlysist always gives me a treatment when i colour - which helps!  i wash my hair once a week  with devacurl loo poo and then i use a hair mask.  i alternate between devacurl heaven in hair and beyond the zone last call hair masque.  mid week i cowash with devacurl one condition.  i also use mixed chicks leave in conditioner.  i think the key is to keep the moisture in your hair so lots of conditioning. 

IMG_5179 copy.PNG

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG_5179 copy.PNG
testing