cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Curls & Coils

Letโ€™s get this bread ๐Ÿž

57E22ACB-4B1A-4075-936E-906B946014C0.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Anyone else checked out Bread? I have become super obsessed ๐Ÿ™ˆ I just discovered Adwoa Beauty as well. What are your favorite products for curies at Sephora? Iโ€™d love to know. 

Re: Letโ€™s get this bread ๐Ÿž

@Ronnii  Restricting my answer to Sephora-stocked items, here's what I typically use on my kinky coily hair (for folks who are into Andre Walker's hair typing system, I guess I'm 4a with patches of 3c): 

Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mL - used whenever my coils have lost their shape. Always snaps 'em back to their springy glory. 

Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!โ„ข Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 8 oz/ 237 mL - used maybe twice a month. Works well when I throw a shower cap over my hair and let it sit for 10-15 minutes while I'm still in the shower (though I don't take steamy hot showers). 

adwoa beauty Baomintโ„ข Leave In Conditioning Styler 14 oz/ 414 mL - used each time I wash my hair. Contains ingredients that are bad for my facial skin (too many perfuming essential oils, ugh) but surprisingly don't irritate my scalp, so I just try to keep it off my face. Amps up the silky softness I get with my usual shampoo & conditioner (not sold at Sephora); makes my hair feel smooth and lush between my weekly washes. Still haven't tried it on dry hair but will, eventually. 

adwoa beauty Baomintโ„ข Moisturizing Curl Defining Gel 16 oz/ 453 g - used once in a while, not after each wash. I hate gel, yet I like this stuff. Provides hold for days without a hard crunchy gel shell. It stretches my coils quite a bit if I forget to scrunch after application. 

#BREAD BEAUTY SUPPLY Hair Oil Everyday Gloss 3.3 oz/ 100 mL - I'm kinda torn about this one. My hair generally doesn't like standalone oils unless they're applied very sparingly, and I haven't yet figured out the right amount of this one to apply without creating a greasy weighed-down mess. But I sometimes use this to "dry detangle" my hair before washing it, and it works great for that. I realize other oils are much less expensive for this purpose, so I'm not likely to repurchase the Bread oil. I'm glad I found a good use for it, though. 

Aquis Waffle Luxe Long Hair Towel and Aquis Waffle Luxe Hair Turban - used each time I wash or wet down my hair. I've used Aquis towels for years and they're the only towels that ever touch my hair when I'm at home. (Sometimes I travel with a turban, other times I just use a t-shirt as a travel towel.) I swear my coils shriek in terror if a cotton terrycloth towel even looks at them. And most other microfiber towels have too high a pile texture that snags and breaks off my strands. Aquis towels have the perfect-for-me pile. I do still have some of the original non-waffle textured towels and they work well. But I find the waffle texture's even better at reducing frizz. 

dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer - used whenever I don't wanna go to bed or outside with wet hair post-wash, almost always with the diffuser attachment. I swore off hair dryers years ago. Then I tried a friend's Supersonic (with no attachments) during a visit and decided I needed one in my life. ๐Ÿ˜‚ It works faster than other hairdryers I've used, yet it doesn't fry my hair. I bought mine from Ulta (during one of their sales when I could also use a 20% coupon plus a large chunk of my banked Ulta points) instead of Sephora, so my out-of-pocket cost was far less than retail. 

Iโ€™m loving everything briogeo and Camille rose naturals is a staple not available at Sephora, but at target and the brands site! I purchased living proof curl shampoo and conditioner to test ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพโ€โ™€๏ธ Iโ€™m 4a mixed with 4b, I havenโ€™t tried the Bread products.

Hi, I love Briogeo hair products and I just ordered the Bread brand to try it outโœจ

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
  • 57E22ACB-4B1A-4075-936E-906B946014C0.jpeg
testing