cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Haircare Advice

Hi!

I want to start taking care of my wavy/potentially curly hair. I have a hair mouse and I've hair a diffuser is necessary. Before implementing it, I wanted to know how long I could leave the product in my hair before it was potentially damaging. Also, do I need to put on a heat protectant before diffusing? 

Please let me know and thank you!

Re: Haircare Advice

I've decided to embark on a journey to take better care of my wavy/potentially curly hair. I have a hair mousse and plan to use a diffuser for styling. Before diving in, I wanted to gather some important information regarding product duration and heat protection.

I'd like to know how long I can leave the hair mousse in my hair before it potentially becomes damaging. Understanding the ideal duration for leaving the product in my hair will help me avoid any negative effects.

https://tattooscale.com/

@kizaaa , Manes by Mel posted a video of her styling a wavy hair client using Verb Curl Foaming Gel 6.7 oz / 200 mL . You may find it helpful.

Thank you so much!! 

@kizaaa 

If you are concerned about mousse damaging your hair, you can go with an alcohol free one. 

@kizaaa mousse is a styling product that doesn’t get washed out of your hair. Try scrunching it in prior to diffusing. Once the weather gets warmer you may want to air dry your hair. 

Hi, does this mean that it’s harder to wash out mouse? I’ve also recently bought the Moroccanoil Curl Defining Cream . Is this a better alternative?

None of the products are harder to wash out than the other @kizaaa. You need to experiment with your stylers to see which ones give you the results you are hoping to achieve. 
You may want to watch some videos. I regularly watch videos from Manes by Mel and Swavy Wavy Courtney. Google curly hairstyles and you may find someone that you can learn from.

Hi! I find that leaving in mousse for any period of time won’t damage hair. Also personally I don’t use a heat protectant for diffusing. 

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 24 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing