Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Favorite Curly Hair Products

Curious to know what are some of your favorite products for your hair.

Re: Favorite Curly Hair Products

My hair is between types 3A / 3B; over the years I have tried a variety of hair care routines (homemade vinegar rinsing, all-natural shampoo bars, drugstore and/or high-end products for curly hair) and these are my favorite products so far: 

- conditioner: DevaCurl One Condition Original 

- curl defining gel: OUAI Curl Jelly 

- hair oil: Bumble & Bumble "Hairdresser's Invisible Oil"

Yep, only three staples to date. I am still experimenting when it comes to shampoos / hair cleansing in addition to other hair treatments such as deep conditioners and masks. 

@anitsirhc John Frieda Beyond Smooth Shampoo, Biolage Conditioning Balm, Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum, Phytodefrisant, It's a Ten Miracle Leave-In Product, John Frieda Extra Strength Frizz-Ease (IDK if it doesn't much, but I still use it on my ends!), Paul Mitchell Hot off the Press, Matrix Oil Wonders, Living Proof Humidity Shield, Klorane Dry Shampoo.

RE: Favorite Curly Hair Products

I pretty much only use DevaCurl at this point. I have three different textures to my hair: straight in the very bottom and back, wavy in the middle and behind my ears, and curly/almost super curly in the top and front. I use the classic no poo and conditioner to wash my hair. I also use their build up buster as a co wash and still finish with the conditioner. To style, I typically use the ultra defining gel and either the super cream (no coconut) or the wave maker to make my curls even softer. The key to using any gel from them is to break the seal by scrunching your curls up to crack the gel seal and being back the moisture in your hair. This is to ensure the gel doesn't make your hair crunchy and hard. I also make sure to use duo pronged clips to lift my roots instead of trying to force gel on my hair all the way to the roots. I also use a blow dryer and diffuser after 20-30 or even more minutes to make my hair more voluminous. It also helps dry my hair faster and it makes my curls super bouncy and soft. I turn my head upside down and just move the diffuser up and down, slightly holding it in place so he curls get that nice heat without burning my hair or scalp. I sometimes finish with beautiful mess when I'm in humidity to make sure my curls don't frizz up. Glamourzen and her son use it, so definitely check out her insta and YouTube to learn more. And if you are able to get to NYC, go to one of the salons and invest in a devacut and/or a curl transformation because it is 100% worth it if you want to revamp your curl routine.

I recently found this stuff works amazing for my hair!

I recently found this stuff works amazing for my hair!

Anonymous Insider

DevaCurl Wave Maker Touchable Texture Whip

Check this out if you can. 🙂 It's so good. It doesn't weigh down my hair or anything. 

I recently tried the Form Beauty products that are now in Sephora and I really liked everything I tried in the line! I would suggest going on their website and taking their quick hair profile quiz, then checking out the suggested products.

Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel & Briogeo Rosarco Milk Reparative Leave‑In Conditioner

DevaCurl super cream!! i also like the Shea Moisture high...

DevaCurl super cream!! i also like the Shea Moisture high porosity moisture-seal styling gel!

I've recently fallen in love with Madam C.J. Walker Beauty Culture Coconut & Moringa Oils Curl Whip Styling Souffle.  I received a free sample and after one use immediately bought the full-size.  It smells unbelievable but it's not overpowering.  It  keeps my hair frizz-free for a few days and keeps the curls flexible.  

DevaCurl Decadence No Poo and Conditioner! The Supercream and the Finishing spray are amazing! I'm currently using the Delight Low Poo and conditioner and so far I like it. And I'm also trying out the volume Moose too!

Anonymous Insider

cantu curl activator is a must for my hair, It will autom...

cantu curl activator is a must for my hair, It will automatically get your curls poppin.

I recently started using a Korean brand, BritishM. They h...

I recently started using a Korean brand, BritishM. They have an Anatto hair oil that works better than Moroccan Oil. I have used MO for many years now but feel that the Anatto hair oil does better with my long soft, frizzy curls. You can find it via my link to sokoglam, https://www.talkable.com/x/DmxGBf.

All igk products 😍

Creme of Nature moisturizing shampoo and deep conditioner. I used to use Mane n Tail, but it doesn’t work as good as Creme of Nature. ORS is also a good brand.

I'm 2C almost 3a, not sure on porosity. I use DevaCurl decadence No Poo, Briogeo Curl Charisma conditioner alternated with Christophe Robin regenerating Mask. My leave in is Briogeo Rosario milk, it's light and still hydrating. 

To to style I use Coconut Oil to enhance the curl and DevaCurl Coconut Curl Supercream to style. 

My my hair has never looked better. 

The Josh Rosebrook Styling Cream is the only thing that makes my curls stay together, not get crusty, and bounce like beauties!

Never heard of that brand. Will definitely look into that! 

I have type 4, color-treated, low porosity hair. I love DevaCurl Decadence to detangle my hair, Bee Mine BEE•U•Ti•FUL Moisturizing Deep Conditioner and Camille Rose Naturals Coconut Water Leave In.

Re: RE: Favorite Curly Hair Products

Absolutely love devacurl and anything that has coconut in it!

Anonymous Insider

Shea Moisture, Mielle Organics, and ORS Olive Oil are the best. 

27 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos2
testing