Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

DēvaCurl Washing & Conditioning Methods

Good Evening my fellow Sephora Squad ❤️ I'm new to the DevaCurl community and was transformed yesterday with my very first deva cut and style. Needless to say this had to happen months ago [after having a terrible first time curly cut expierence] I didnt lose hope to find someone to tame my mane. @melimel_devacurl HOOKED UP MY FRO and gave me some amazing pointers for maintenance in between such as using the decadence conditioner mixed w water in a spray bottle for rehydrating spritzes. I'm curious to read some curly girl methods using devacurl products and how to maximize your curls integrity! Can't wait to get this chat going 😊

Re: DēvaCurl Washing & Conditioning Methods

Absolutely life changing. I was given a set of the No Poo, One Condition and gel back in 2011 by a friend who worked at a beauty supply chain. She had no one else to try it out, lucky me. It was great to benefit on my curls for once! Lol I've never stopped using them. Their towel makes a legit difference. And the Coconut Curl Cream, incredible. My hair is fine so I do use other brands volumizers, but for everything else it's Deva all the way!

If a friend cares about your curls like that, then she’s a REAL ONE! I totally agree about the deva towel, I don’t have to worry about walking around with soaking wet hair and have to wait fifty million hours for my hair to dry LOL! Going to have to try the coconut styling creme as I’ve heard rave reviews too. Thanks for your feedback sweets ❤️

RE: DēvaCurl Washing & Conditioning Methods

For me, the biggest impact came when I stopped combing my hair and moved to finger detangling in the shower and learning how to get rid of the dead shed hair. I love Mist-er Right as a refresher spray each morning, but also make my own by simmering essential oils and water and then cooling that into a spray bottle. I use lavender oil and lemon oil to keep my scalp fresh between my weekly shampoo and style. I prefer the Bumble and Bumble gel to the Deva gel because I find less shrinkage happens, and I can get to day 4 before I have to rinse

Re: RE: DēvaCurl Washing & Conditioning Methods

Okay you just saved my life with that scalp treatment trick!! I suffer from super flaky scalp and can’t seem to find something to keep it nourished. How long do you simmer your oils for? Would you say it helps with dandruff? I can’t wait to hear more feedback, thanks for replying to my post, I love reading these! Annnnnd thanks for the Bumble & Bumble rec. I’m putting that on my list too 😉

I can't preach the no-poo method enough

Preach on honey, we need more curly girls to get in on the wave ~~~~ thanks for your reply doll ❤️

I love the No-Poo and One Condition, followed by curl cream styler-- all by devacurl, and notice a huge difference in my curls when I don't use these products. I recommend buying the shampoo/ conditioner online (Amazon) where you can get a liter of each for $50 total.... pretty great deal when you go through it as fast as I do. 

AH, I shoulda checked back on this post sooner before I went on a buying spree on the liter sized no poo, one condition and ultra define gel 😞 nevertheless now I know where to get more next time. You’re a lifesaver love, thank you for your reply 💋

Can't wait to try it! I want to get their conditioner and shampoo. It's just so expensive what products do you suggest? 

Hey honey!!!!!! I’m not sure how lucious your locks are but I know for sure Sephora has a mini set for you to try the different lines depending on your texture. I use the decadence line which is LEGIT LIFE! So far I’ve also tried the melt into moisture deep conditioner & heaven in hair (which in my OPINNY) is way better at nourishing my locks while providing a nice slip for detangling. One ther lovely gal on this thread mentioned that amazon has deva products for less so maybe try them first? Thanks for the reply 💜

I stay away for silicones and I use the LCG method... leave in, curly cream then gel.  I like the devacurl decadence line for my wash and go's.  For creams I don't mind any the devil curl curly cream cuz they are all water based and silicone free. For gels Im kinda picky, I don't like a firm crunchy hold... so I usually use Miss Jessie's jelly soft curls.  I use aloe vera juice and rose water in a spray bottle as my daily rehydrator.

I'm actually getting a deva cut in 2 weeks I'm soo excited about it!!

I LOVE THE LCG method!!!!! That is really the only way of making sure curls are looking like they aren’t dried out tumbleweeds 😂 You’re the 4th gal that told me the styling creme is great sooooo now I have to get some on my next sephora run. How are you liking for deva cut? I would love to see what the outcome was, hopefully you’re obsessed as much as I am. Thanks for your feedback mama 💙

RE: DēvaCurl Washing & Conditioning Methods

I just bought the celebrate curly set and I don't think I like the styling cream it comes with. I remember using Deva Curl when I was like 12 and I really liked it so I bought it recently. Which styling products do you use?

Re: RE: DēvaCurl Washing & Conditioning Methods

Hey sweetie!!! So far my routine can’t live without the Heaven In Hair deep conditioner, the deva towel & the ultra defining gel for styling. I use the Decadence line (no poo & conditioner). If I can choose one out of my arsenal, def the HIH. What is your curl type? I’m a 3C with a couple of 4A sprinkled around the front of my face. Thank you for the reply dahhhhling 🤗

14 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing