cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|
Anonymous Insider

Better beauty boxes

I subscribed to get quality products and some full size products such as lipstick, eye shadows, blushes from various brands such as Fenty etc. So far, I don't feel like I have gotten my moneys worth of products and I expected to receive them in packaging other than a plastic ziplock. I also get Ipsy boxes which have been a better caliber of products that come in an actual makeup bag and it also costs less per month. I'm disappointed  because I haven't received anything that worth using and can get free samples comparable to those in my bag from Sephora. I expect to receive a certain quality of product that compare to the higher priced products that I pay for from Sephora, not a miniature sample tube of perfume I can get on any random visit to beauty counters in stores at malls. Please improve or lose my business.

Re: Better beauty boxes

Since you said you signed up to get full-sized products, I'm guessing you don't have the normal Sephora Play! I have the normal one and I also get Ipsy and as much as I love Sephora itself, I agree the samples are usually disappointing. The biggest perk is the extra 50 points. I was actually thinking of switching to Boxycharm. I've only had Play! about 3 months. I'm giving it 6 months to impress me and if it doesn't, I'm cancelling. 

Isn't there only one Sephora Play that you can subscribe to now- the one that says 5

trial size samples? This Sephora play box is filled with trial sized samples; only you can decide whether or not they are worth the $10. Sephora's occasional other boxes in the Play series also tend to contain trial sized samples. Again only you can decide if this is worth the money to you.

I hate to say it but if you are looking for full sized, luxury items, Sephora Play! is not the subscription for that.

Yes, you are right @Tarabotti. There is currently only one Play! subscription available at the moment which gives sample sizes. They did throw in a sponge a long time ago so that was full size, but other than that I haven't seen anything full size. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing