Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Alternative to Devacurl Ultra Defining Gel?

Hi all,

Can you please share any recommendations or experiences with alternatives to Ultra Defining Gel? I have 3b/3c hair. Looking for recommendations with safe ingredients.

Thank you!

RE: Alternative to Devacurl Ultra Defining Gel?

Kinky Curly gel is amazing. I’ve been using this for my daughters hair for years. I never looked back once I found this product. I’ve have any buildup, flakiness, nothing. A little pricey but worth it.

Re: RE: Alternative to Devacurl Ultra Defining Gel?

@BeccahGrace @If you tap on the three dots in your comment block you can edit and delete your posts;).

5ACF0096-794A-47A6-90D8-9487CF68CD3F.jpeg

RE: Alternative to Devacurl Ultra Defining Gel?

Never*

Re: Alternative to Devacurl Ultra Defining Gel?

@sephsarah I switched to Curlsmith's In-shower styler. The process to using it is the same as Deva's, but you need a much smaller amount. My curls were popping again!

Try Earths Nectar Coconut Curls. It's their #1 curl defining cream. If you can't find it here, go to their website! The hold is a bit stronger than the Honey Curls. Not at all hard and crunchie! 

@sephsarah wrote:

Hi all,

Can you please share any recommendations or experiences with alternatives to Ultra Defining Gel? I have 3b/3c hair. Looking for recommendations with safe ingredients.

Thank you!

@sephsarah I switched my devacurl gel for EARTH’S NECTAR - Honey Curls and I love the results I get using this! 

Awesome! 

Also, try their hair tea. You won't be disappointed. Follow her on Instagram. She posts daily and will answer all your questions via DM on Instagram.

I'm so happy for you.

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
  • 5ACF0096-794A-47A6-90D8-9487CF68CD3F.jpeg
testing